AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
Hi all,
I have not been very active during the last months, too busy in the bush... I am back home now for a few weeks and getting ready to go to CAR again..

I came across some unusual scenes of wildlife in Tanzania that I filmed and photographed.

THE WARTHOG FIGHT:
I was sitting by a waterhole, after an hour 57 warthogs were by the water !!! Too many!!! The big boars started to intimidate each other, dancing stiff on their legs, throwing dust and fight. When they hit their head, it makes a big KLONK.... Very cool to see how they behave.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Here is the video.

HIPPOPOTAMUS:
The Selous is one of the last kingdom of the big beast, I don't know how many thousands they are, but keep your rifle with you when you go behind a tree !!!
I notice one thing !!! Sure we all know that but it was the first time I saw it. They drink clear water... Did you see that once? One big bull left the pool and went to the Stream close by and drunk for about 5 mn...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Hunting hippo video:

LIONS FROM SELOUS:
You all know the rule in Tanzania for a trophy lion: 6 years old. I can tell you the population is increasing fast and we see some beautiful male.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

TRAIL CAM PICTURES:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

PICTURES FROM SELOUS:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Video from Selous:

BUFFALOES IN THE SELOUS GR ARE STILL PLENTY:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Calling Cape Buffalo:

ELEPHANT:
Despite the heavy ivory poaching (TZ lost 35000 elephant during the last 2 years), elephant hunting is still very good with some nice bulls with long ivory.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Well I can attach all the pictures I made... you can visit my web site at:

Hunters, guide & safaris propose hunting in Africa

and Watch some videos on my hunting channel at:

Christophe MORIO - YouTube

And now, let's go HUNTING.

Christophe

Last edited by a moderator:
Christophe,
As always, fantastic photographs!!!!! Thank you so much for posting them. Some pictures just have that special quality about them that seems to actually transport you in time to when they where taken. You have the ability to capture that! Don't be a stranger to AH. I look forward to you posts and articles!

Great pics as always. Makes everyone wish they were there hunting with you. Bruce

Fantastic pictures Christophe !

Merci.

Thanks for posting the videos and pictures. It is fun to watch you call buff. The picture of the croc missing the top half a jaw was a first for me. It is hard to tell in the pic but he looks to be emaciated. Did he look like he was able to feed? Was he able to submerge without drowning?

All the best.

Christophe , im sure your life has some /many hardships , but bloke it is a gifted one
l look forward to your pictures when you must endure civilisation .
thanks again

mate, what is that in the 46 th picture and what happened to it ??????

bluey, that is the picture I was asking about. It looks like the croc lost the top part of the jaw in a fight. I have been told if you shoot a croc in the nostril area they can't stay down or otherwise they will drown. (They have no way of blocking their airway) Looking at his back he doesn't seem to have any mass and that is why I was asking if he could feed. If you can't submerge it is hard to hunt and you are forced to scavenge or poach other crocs kills to survive from what I understand. Very unique picture.

that's a crocodile??

Thanks for the excellent pictures, I enjoyed them very much!

Hi Bluey,
Yes it is a croc, he lost his upper jaw !!! may be during a fight or a fisherman with his panga....
Thank you all for your comments.
I am leaving tomorrow for CAR !!! hope we will the hunting season without trouble...
Cheers
christophe

Amazing photos and I loved the videos. Gives me a whole new appreciation for animals I thought I would never be interested in hunting. Thank you for sharing. I only wish there was less music (though appropriate) and I could hear more of the actual sounds of the animals......such as when the warthogs were sparring. Tanzania is definitely calling my name!

WALKINGPREY2;bt193 said:
Amazing photos and I loved the videos. Gives me a whole new appreciation for animals I thought I would never be interested in hunting. Thank you for sharing. I only wish there was less music (though appropriate) and I could hear more of the actual sounds of the animals......such as when the warthogs were sparring. Tanzania is definitely calling my name!

Well, as we say in swahili; KARIBU TANZANIA? SAFARI NDJEMA...
You are welcome to discover this great hunting country.

All the best
Christophe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg