TANZANIA: Two Area Dream Hunt Sept/Oct 2021 With GAME Trackers AFRICA

Well done were you not going after lesser kudu as well?
That photo of the first one out of camp looked great for sure.

Bloody Covid test interfering with your hunt !!!!

That Impala looks huge! Congrats! Did you happen to get a measurement on him? Very nice Grants. I loved hunting the Gazelles in Tanzania. Good job.
Bruce

Bruce,

Thank you!

I am usually not a numbers guy, but occasionally when the PH and trackers are excited, I also get excited. Also, since TZ requires all the measurements to be recorded and signed off on by the PH and Game scout, JP went ahead and let me know.

This Impala hit the magic number of 27', which for TZ I understand is good. I do know they get bigger in Uganda, but for this area the tracker was very excited. Also the spread on the one (no measurement of that) was well above average based on the trackers input!

I am still giddy over this impala!

Well done were you not going after lesser kudu as well?
That photo of the first one out of camp looked great for sure.

Bloody Covid test interfering with your hunt !!!!

I wish I was sir, but unfortunately it would be cost prohibitive. They had a lot of kudu bulls there, I believe we saw 12 different bulls on day 1, and at least half were mature. And yes the one close to camp was stellar!

I wish I was sir, but unfortunately it would be cost prohibitive. They had a lot of kudu bulls there, I believe we saw 12 different bulls on day 1, and at least half were mature. And yes the one close to camp was stellar!
Thats a pitty as the Lesser Kudu and the Gazelles are just screaming Maisailand.
I doubt I will ever get the opportunity to ever get there glad you did and got hunting too.

Passing lesser kudu these days??? o_O (Yes I saw your "excuse" :) )

Congrats on a great hunt Charles and thanks for the great report! Those Grants are a beautiful looking animal!

Amazing Impala, I love impala for some reason and can’t help myself from shooting a couple every time! What an amazing trip!

Day 11 (Third and final hunting day in Massailand)

We start off the day early heading out to an area with a high concentration of Tommy's, which is about 2 hours away from camp. Excitement level is high.

20211005_062224.jpg

Once we get there the terrain basically flattens out with very little cover.
Along the way we run into the normal morning traffic

20211005_074150.jpg
DSC00605.JPG

And here are some pics of the Tommy area

DSC00609.JPG
DSC00611.JPG
DSC00612.JPG

We spot quite a few Tommies all over, and drive around to get a closer look at a few rams. The first ram we come to is really calm and only about 50 yards away, and there is a tree for cover. I am anxiously waiting to hear the lets go from JP, but it is determined we can do better. The next ram we come to is better, and we make a plan. We get out and stalk.et on the sticks and wait for teh right angle. He presents himself and I take aim and fire. Dust cloud behind him, right over his back. he takes off and crosses the road into the next wide open patch. We pursue and catch up to him, only this time the jig is up.

Ok on to the next one. We find another good ram and get out and make a play. Luckily we have some decent cover this time and get to probably 80-100 yards. I take aim and squeeze, this time I hear the impact. He turns and moves away about 10 yards and then goes down. We get up to him and its all smiles. He is a pretty good one with a bit of character on one tip!

DSC00618.JPG
DSC00619.JPG
DSC00617.JPG

Its 10 am on day three and I am all done with my Massai portion of the hunt! Now its Mike's turn, and he will detail his experience in his report.

Last edited:
Day 11 continued:

We get back to camp and relax, then put a plan in place to go for a drive late afternoon to try and take some pics. Back at camp we go to the skinning shed to take a look at a leopard that a game ranger had shot earlier this week. The cat had reportedly killed a few children in recent weeks. I also take a few pics of some of the other skulls in the shed.

DSC00623.JPG
DSC00624.JPG
DSC00625.JPG
DSC00626.JPG

We head out for a drive then return before sundown to enjoy the scenery

DSC00629.JPG
DSC00634.JPG
DSC00636.JPG

Another wonderful day in Africa comes to and end!

20211005_183915.jpg
20211005_180148.jpg
20211005_180139.jpg

Well done, congratulations on a successful safari. Some very nice animals. Thanks for the report.

Well done Charles!

Great finish !

Day 12 (packing up and heading home)

We don't fly out until 11:30 pm so we have the whole day to sleep eat, eat breakfast and lunch, pack up, take pics, and then head to the airport and have plenty of time there as well.

We take a drive this morning to go and explore part of Longido mountain, and look at a WW1 grave marker of a British Soldier.

Along the way we see some of the many village kids and Massai people, and take a few pics.

20211008_153713.jpg
20211006_091524.jpg
20211006_091532.jpg

20211006_084915.jpg
20211006_084936.jpg
20211008_153448.jpg
DSC00679.JPG
DSC00699.JPG
DSC00664.JPG
DSC00691.JPG

Oh yeah, and first thing this morning I was noticing the tracks around camp and found these. Asked JP to confirm at it was a small leopard. Guess whose tent he came up to in the middle of the night?? Yep mine, all he way to my zippered front door!

DSC00662.JPG
DSC00663.JPG
DSC00658.JPG
DSC00661.JPG

The second to last paw print pic is literally a few feet from my zippered mosquito net! glad he wasn't any bigger or more curious!!!

Well then sadly the trip had to come to an end, off to the airport for the long journey home.

One last pic of a beer fridge at the restaurant in the airport.
20211006_213249.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on a great safari, buddy!

Final thoughts on Massailand:

First I want to mention all the game we saw while in Massailand: elephant, grants, tommy, kirks dik dik, steinbok, warthog, zebra, giraffe, EA impala, gerenuk, lesser kudu, fringe eared oryx, duiker, and white beard wildebeest.

Game hunted: Impala, grants, tommy

Massailand was great experience and add on to our hunt, I am glad we were able to work it out.

Game trackers Africa did everything they said they would. I could not be happier with my experience with Jaco and JP, and all the staff in both areas. We were treated well and fed like kings. There was an abundance of game in both areas.

This is a country I never thought I would hunt, and am so glad I spoke to Jaco about it almost 3 years ago in Dallas. If you ever get the chance and have the hankering to go to TZ, do it!

I would go again and certainly would recommend Game Trackers Africa!

Final thoughts on Massailand:

First I want to mention all the game we saw while in Massailand: elephant, grants, tommy, kirks dik dik, steinbok, warthog, zebra, giraffe, EA impala, gerenuk, lesser kudu, fringe eared oryx, duiker, and white beard wildebeest.

Game hunted: Impala, grants, tommy

Massailand was great experience and add on to our hunt, I am glad we were able to work it out.

Game trackers Africa did everything they said they would. I could not be happier with my experience with Jaco and JP, and all the staff in both areas. We were treated well and fed like kings. There was an abundance of game in both areas.

This is a country I never thought I would hunt, and am so glad I spoke to Jaco about it almost 3 years ago in Dallas. If you ever get the chance and have the hankering to go to TZ, do it!

I would go again and certainly would recommend Game Trackers Africa!
Thank you for a really nice report. I appreciste all the cultural detail. I learned alot from your hunt. Thanks again. Your friend Brian

Great safari and great report Charles! Congrats on some amazing trophies and memories for a lifetime!

Great stuff buddy!!!! What a dream come true!!! Epic as they say!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois