AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
This is the second time we hunt in Selous with Laszlo. On his previous safari he shot a lion and a leopard, so his main goal is an elephant and everyhting nice, just because he loves hunting !!!!! and of course if we can 3 buffaloes but only with his 470 double open sight.
On the first afternoon he shot a waterbuck and we hung some baits for leopard where I know a good track.
The next 6 days were devoted on elephant. We walked and tracked ''TEMBO'' in sandy river, hilly area, thicket, the days were long and tiring but it was not boring at all, we enjoyed the physical effort and we saw some bulls, too young or very old with short tusks, nothing good to shoot at. On day 6 we found a good fresh track (43 cm) at 12 o'clock...... after 1h45 of a great tracking, here it is, front side!! little bit nervous, like he knew we were close. We stood still for a while and when he relaxed we walked closer behind a big tree. At 40 m Laszlo raised his 470, off hand and fired but missed the brain..... the second instant shot dropped him for good. Respectfully we walked toward the dead giant without a word, but happy.

Even if the Elephant track is good and after many hours of tracking the Elephant is not necessarily good to shoot, so we take this moment to enjoy the animal, we have him a little to ourselves but we have to start all over, walk, walk, that's what hunting Elephant is all about...

watermark.php

watermark.php

Elephant track
watermark.php

And it is happiness, the Elephant is on the ground, we look at him realizing what just happened, we touch the ivory again and again and again...
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Skinning the Elephant... a big job
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Return to camp with the trophy...
watermark.php

watermark.php

The next day we went to check the leopard bait !! we were late and of course the clean bones were swaying below the branch !!!! So we hung some more meat. Two days later we sat and waited for him but Laszlo shot way over the spotted cat, too easy and a bit of loss of concentration. Not a big deal, we come back. On the way to our missed leopard I decided to cut all the other baits. We had a hit on one and the track is quite good. While we were looking at his way coming and going one of the tracker found a fresh kill from the previous night at about 30 m from the bait..... lucky boys !!!! quickly we set up the blind and we sat by 5h30. About 15 mn later we could hear the cat walking up and down the deep dry river below the tree bait. Just before dark he was on the branch.... this time the 300 grs bullet from the 375 HH Blazer went right through both shoulders. The first leopard never came back....

A good Leopard over 7 feet
watermark.php

watermark.php

On the way we had fun !!!! Laszlo shot the 3 buffaloes with his 470, two dugga boys and one in a herd of about 80 animals.
The real loner... Buffalo taken with a 470 double rifle
watermark.php

Buffalo shot at 20 meter in a herd...
watermark.php

Buffalo shot in a group of 3 males...
watermark.php

The old Buffaloes that we cherish, clever, cunning and evil...
watermark.php

watermark.php

Still young but already really wide, about 44 inches, we left him watching...
watermark.php

If you look in front of the third Buffalo from the right you can see a black mass in the grass, it is the male that we just shot at 20 meters.
watermark.php

He also shot a good hippo in the thicket at 12 meter....
At midday, the Hippos often lie in the Bakos bordering the rivers, it's the time I like to hunt them, they sleep deeply and we can approach them very closely to identify them and ensure a good shot. It's a slow walk as they are not easy to see, hidden in the bushes they can start up at very close range and of course charge because on earth they do not like being disturbed. The problem becomes quite serious when one meets a herd... Sometimes you end up in the trees!!!!! but that's sport and it's a lot of fun... This one was taken at 12 meter with a 470 when he had spotted us and was watching us as I do not like...
watermark.php

watermark.php

And some plains game ....
Nyasaland Wildebeest
watermark.php

5 inch Bush Duiker hunted
watermark.php

Waterbuck
watermark.php

Very old East African Eland
watermark.php

Lichtenstein Hartebeest
watermark.php

Big 55 inch East African Kudu from Selous
watermark.php

12 inch Warthog
watermark.php

Impala for Leopard bait
watermark.php

Zebra
watermark.php

And we saw some lions, too young....
Promising young Lions laying down in the dry Mbaragandu river bed, Selous, Tanzania.
watermark.php

watermark.php

Promising young Lion.
watermark.php

Early morning encounter with Lion...
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Our next hunt will be again the the Selous in 2013, for elephant and everything nice, of course......
Christophe

Hunting Safaris in Tanzania & Central Africa with Christophe Morio

watermark.php

Tanzania and Central Africa are two great hunting countries, well organized, wild and remote where you can get special animals and where you will experience a hunt of a lifetime. This is what I offer.

TANZANIA SELOUS GAME RESERVE:
- Hunting season: July to December
- 21 hunting days for: elephant, lion, leopard, 3 buffaloes, hippopotamus, crocodile, roosevelt sable, eastern kudu, east african elan, nyassaland wildebeest, lichtenstein hartebeest, zebra, impala, warthog, bushpig, bush duiker, harvey duiker, bushbuck, hyena, reedbuck, waterbuck

TANZANIA MASSAILAND:
- Hunting season: July to March
- 21 hunting days for: lesser kudu, greater kudu, gerenuk, grant gazelle, patterson eland, coke hartebeest, fringed eared oryx, dik dik, bush duiker, steinbuck, ostrich, zebra, warthog, klipsringer, impala, hyena, crocodile, bushbuck, bushpig, buffalo, lion, leopard

SPECIAL OFFER IN MASSAILAND FOR JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH:
15 hunting days with a 21 days license

I can also organize a combo SELOUS/MASSAILAND.

CENTRAL AFRICA:
- Hunting season: January to mid May
- 12 hunting days with 2 buffaloes and plain game
- 12 hunting days with 1 big animal: lord derby eland, bongo, giant forest hog, leopard and buffalo and plains game
- 19 hunting days with 2 big animals: lord derby eland, bongo, giant forest hog, leopard and buffalo and plains game
- 26 hunting days with 3 big animals: lord derby eland, bongo, giant forest hog, leopard and buffalo and plains game

For further information or other combination, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Christophe

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing some great pictures. A very fruitful hunt.
Congratulations.

very nice like always christophe. If only I has the cash.....maybe in my next life.. :) But always nice reading.!

regards
Rasmus

nothing shy of brillant christophe
great hunting area
great animals well done
thanks mate

Congratuations, its a dream for almost every hunter to hunt Tanzania. This seemed to be that dream come through again for Laszlo. If only the lotto numbers gives me that pleasure:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross