TANZANIA: Safari ya Marafiki (Safari of Friends) Mwatisi Safaris

The tusks on that molerat…@Wheels, how magnanimous of you to pass up on such a grand trophy to leave it for the next safari!

Awesome way to spend time with friends!

Now for @Royal27 to pony up his part. Bob & Gina wrote theirs how long ago :unsure:

The tusks on that molerat…@Wheels, how magnanimous of you to pass up on such a grand trophy to leave it for the next safari!

Awesome way to spend time with friends!

Now for @Royal27 to pony up his part. Bob & Gina wrote theirs how long ago :unsure:

I had never seen a molerat before. Royal's PH had to look it up in a book to determine what it was called. He seemed blind and fierce. He kept is teeth bared. Touch him with a stick on the back and he would swing around on a dime looking to bite. No clue what he was doing above ground.

I am glad we saw him. Always interesting to see new things and have new experiences.

It's nice hanging around with procrastinators. I can be six months late and be considered the exceptional member of the bunch. ;)

Thank you for sharing, great read.

Thanks for sharing such a grand adventure always good fun to share special moments and events with other people with the same frame of mind.

I am a little late to the party here, but I loved reading your story @Wheels !! This was a truly amazing experience and I am very blessed that I was there with all of you!!
You were my first malaria patient, and one of my most favorite patients of all time! I must add, on our behalf, the Tsetse flies loved you and I so much because we were the sweetest ones of the bunch! :sneaky:(y)
Thanks for the fun stories shared around camp and for writing this one! :)

You did a fantastic job of taking care of me. I wouldn't have gotten any better care anywhere in the world.

So glad you came along. We all had a fantastic safari! Will have to do it again sometime.

You did a fantastic job of taking care of me. I wouldn't have gotten any better care anywhere in the world.

So glad you came along. We all had a fantastic safari! Will have to do it again sometime.
Thank you so much!!
@ActionBob and I would love to go on another safari with you again! You are such a gentleman and quite pleasant to share camp with. And you have the best stories!!

You are way to kind.

We definitely all need to go on another safari before long.

Didn’t they kill double lions out of that camp last year? Don’t see that much anymore!
If you mean bagging two big mature male lions in the same day.... yes we did;)

If you mean bagging two big mature male lions in the same day.... yes we did;)
...and a very impressive feat it was!

Just need a couple of hunting reports one of these days. ;)

Last edited:
Didn’t they kill double lions out of that camp last year? Don’t see that much anymore!

The greater Ruaha ecosystem has one of the highest densities of lion in the world. As of ten or so years ago I believe it was number two behind Niassa. Not exactly sure where it stands now but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the same or higher.

As lions loose their prides and are driven from the prime holdings in the National Park, they are pushed into the hunting areas. If I recall correctly, there were still five shootable males in the concession after our group left, and we were only hunting and baiting around 30% of the concession.

If a person is wanting leopard and lion, it would be hard to find a better place to hunt them. Value for the price it would be hard to beat Sherdell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg