rcarpenter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
North American Falconers Association
Hey all,

I'm new and will be in Africa in January and should have a few days of free time before or after my scheduled class time there and would love to hunt. I know that hunting in Kenya is off limits, but Tanzania is extremely close to where I will be and traveling between seems rather easy.

I wondered if it would be possible to hunt in Tanzania with an outfitter for just 3 or 4 days or is there a minimum number of days you're required to hunt? I'm just interested in a plains game animal for my friend and I. We've both always wanted to hunt over there and are not sure when or if we'll be able to return.

I know this is short notice, but I didn't know about the trip until today. Do you think it would be possible to arrange a hunt for the beginning of January?

Thanks!

Yes you can do this however you must book soon to get your information to your outfitter.

Christophe Morio
SAFARI MORIO
CAR & Tanzania

Chris will make your dreams come true.

January will be a difficult month to hunt to to the extreme heat. However not impossible.
You will need to find an outfitter who is running a hunting camp at that time as most close up in December.

Just went in a checked Tanzania hunting and 7 days is the shortest that i can find.

However you can pay for the 7 or 10 days and only hunt the days you have available.

This will make a difference on what you want to hunt.
7 days will get you pains game and Cape Buffalo as will a 10 day safari.

I think the following game is available on a 7-10 day safari.
Baboon
Cape buffalo
bushpig
gazelle - grants or Thompson
hartebeest - cokes or lichtenstein
impala - east or southern
Puku
warthog
wildebeest - whitebearded or nyassa
zebra

other cost are your rifle import fee. - Air Charter. - gov cons fee, - gov com dev fee. - gov lic. - gov imp tax on ammunition - and i am sure i missed some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good help James.

"a few days" is not what anyone usually wants to hunt.
Especially, in Tanzania. Never know,....

Christophe is a good place to start.
Although he may have chosen another island to be relaxing on after his season.

I looked and Hunting Ban is still in place in Kenya from all I can find.

James has given you a very good start and Chris has some very competitive prices if he can't do it then maybe he'll have a recommendation for you and your friend.

You may want to check out this website as well they have good prices though you may have to practice your german a bit. www.evesafaris.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross