AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
Changes have been taking place in Tanzania with the installation of the new president. Is this a publicity stunt? Possibly. The only other African leader I can think of off hand that might stoop down and pick up trash is Paul Kagame/Rwanda.

Would a Robert Mugabe or a Jacob Zuma do this?

My optimism for Tanzania continues to grow.(y)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ead-of-celebrating-independence-a6766706.html

Tanzanian President John Magufuli picks up rubbish from street instead of celebrating Independence Day

It is the first time in 54 years that Tanzania has not celebrated Independence Day

john-magufuli-rubbish.jpg

Tanzanian President John Magufuli cancelled Independence Day celebrations and ordered a national day of clean-up instead DANIEL HAYDUK/AFP/Getty Images
The new Tanzanian President has taken to the streets to collect rubbish instead of celebrating Independence Day.

John Magufuli was seen picking up litter outside the State House in Dar es Salaam to the sound of cheers from the country's people, the BBC reported.

Having cancelled the Independence Day celebrations in November, he encouraged everyone to take part in a public clean-up instead.

It is the first time in 54 years since Tanzania gained Independence from the UK that the day has not been celebrated.

AFP news agency reported that Mr Magufuli said: “Let us work together to keep our country, cities, homes and workplaces clean, safe and healthy.”

Many people have taken to social media to applaud Mr Magufuli's actions.

Attachments

• john-magufuli-rubbish.jpg
    john-magufuli-rubbish.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Well let's hope the man can do even more!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Interesting, thank you for sharing. Hopefully its really in his heart and not a publicity stunt.

Hank2211

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
Even if it is a publicity stunt - he's a politician after all - it sets a good example. It's always astounded me to see men standing around doing nothing around their houses, when the area is littered with garbage. Plastic bags - "Transkei flowers" - everywhere, and no one does anything to pick them up!

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
. Plastic bags - "Transkei flowers" - !

"Transkei flowers" seem verdant throughout Africa.:)

I agree that the example is what is important. Leading by example doesn't seem very common in Africa. Neither does an act of humility like picking up trash. Especially by a politician.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Agreed, even if for publicity, a good example is being set.

Royal27

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Amazing how often big change starts with something small.

edward

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.

Spooksar

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI, Dallas Safari Club, NFA ,CSSA NRA, CCFR
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Canada (BC, Alberta Nunavet) Texas, New Mexico
After seeing the piles of garbage in towns in RSA this is a breath of fresh air

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
One step in the right direction.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoleneDoug

Latest profile posts

I did a little housekeeping in my shop and found some .500 Jeffery ammo that I no longer need. Superior Ammunition and Hendershots loaded them, along with AHR (American Hunting Rifles). Several Woodleigh/A-Square solids along with lead bullets in both 535g and 600g. Message me for any details.

IMG_8092.jpg
IMG_8091.jpg
IMG_8090.jpg
IMG_8094.jpg
pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG