Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Australian Deer Association, Australian Association of Wildlife Artists
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, South Africa
Hi all,

A mate of mine is heading to Tanzania and Zanzibar on a holiday with his better half. While they are there they plan to do a 4 day photographic safari or similar.

Is it possible to do this and add on say 1-2 days hunting just for a small trophy like an Impala? He'd like to hunt a memento for the wall if possible but this will be a vacation, not a full-blown hunt. He will be there in early February, I'm not sure of their seasons.

If this is at all possible, please let me know some suggested outfitters that do both photo and hunting safaris and I'll pass the info on. Any thoughts or advice is welcomed.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

could be wrong but i think min is 7 day hunt, and only areas open at that time of year are the ones in the north till end of march i think, but that has been known to change so ask nathan @Bullet Safaris as he will know. tanzania isnt like sa where you can go to a game ranch for a day or two and shoot something

As spike mentioned. It might be tough and expensive to pull off. Season normally starts July 1 - eoy. They have extended the season into march before but I don't know if they are doing that now. Ditto regarding contacting Nathan.

All the best.

Cheers guys. Yeah I'm familiar with hunting in the South of Africa, but little idea of Tanzania, hence I thought I'd ask the experts.

Sounds like it won't be a possibility, thanks for the replies.

Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross