Tanzania: How Social System Help Hyena To Thrive In The Savannah

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles

Tanzania Daily News (Dar es Salaam)
OPINION By Reginald Stanslaus Matillya

Scientists say spotted hyenas deserve respect, not contempt. More often than not, they hunt down their prey rather than scavenge. They are fabulously intelligent, with massive brains and one of the most complex social setups of any carnivore.
Meanwhile, Karl Marx, a great philosopher from Germany said "class" is determined entirely by one's relationship to the means of production.
In general terms, the meaning of class doesn't end in our villages, townships, and cities where the difference is clearly seen from one person to another or a location against others.
From our neighbourhood, social classes are available in national parks such as Mikumi, Tarangire, Saadani, Ruaha and special reserved areas such as Ngorongoro Conservation Area.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Like many people, hyenas once conjured thoughts of disgust an revulsion. After being in Tanzania, learning more about them, and hearing their ghostly serenades each night, I have an entirely different opinion.

Hyenas are the same as crocodiles......un predictable and predators which kill by any means necessary....they have their place but they are evil....no wonder so much African muti and witchcraft follow them....
Wild camping in Afruca at night this is your main safety concern spotted hyena....
I did not read the article.....

Hyenas are the same as crocodiles......un predictable and predators which kill by any means necessary....they have their place but they are evil....no wonder so much African muti and witchcraft follow them....
Wild camping in Afruca at night this is your main safety concern spotted hyena....
I did not read the article.....

Crocodiles are very predictable, if you know them.
Hyaenas really aren't your main safety concern when wild camping in the African bush, if you know what you do and are aware of dangers.
I think you should brush up on your knowlegde about African wildlife.

Crocodiles are very predictable, if you know them.
Hyaenas really aren't your main safety concern when wild camping in the African bush, if you know what you do and are aware of dangers.
I think you should brush up on your knowlegde about African wildlife.
Quite a bold statement....
So in your opinion which animal in your knowledge about African wildlife poses the greatest threat when wild camping in Africa?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross