TANZANIA: Heritage Safaris

I’d love to hear the details on that Leopard.

I’m jealous of the Tigerfish.

Congratulations on your success.

We did the leopard in broad daylight which took some time and patience. Not a giant but to do it in the daytime was cool.

That trail cam picture took me back to my hunt.
Seeing Leopard in the daylight has always been a highlight of the hunting day for me.
Getting it done in the daylight is something special.

What's an amazing hunt sir! Thank you for sharing with us. I would love to hear about the Cat! Spots is one animal I covet!

85106A3D-9AA6-4916-A2CC-1F74A2F60C94.jpeg
That Wildebeest has amazing color. I thought my bull was beautifully striped but that one is awesome.

I have seen those white patches on the face of several mounts. Is that a different type of Blue Wildebeest or just an occasional coloration?

View attachment 211099 That Wildebeest has amazing color. I thought my bull was beautifully striped but that one is awesome.

I have seen those white patches on the face of several mounts. Is that a different type of Blue Wildebeest or just an occasional coloration?

Tanzania has two main types of wildebeest. The Nyassa has the white bar across the nose. They live in the southeastern part of the country, including the Selous, into Mozambique. The Whitebeard lives in the northern part of the country into Kenya. These are the wildebeest you see in the Serengeti migrations.

Thanks @Wheels . All I knew of was Blue and Black. Good info

Yes the Nyassa wildebeest south of the Rufiji River seem to have the most prominent nose stripe.

Seen a picture of your hippo and that sexy rifle in the new Hornady catalog.

Oh cool...haven't seen yet!

Thank you for the report of your great Safari adventure and hope you will post additional details of the hunt. There are always some folks that should phrase things in a different way, myself included at times.

Edge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.