TANZANIA: Has Anyone Hunted With McCallum Safaris In Tanzania?

brettp

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, USA (Northeast, midwest, Rockies, Alaska), Canada and Hungary
Looking to see if anyone here has hunted their Western or Masailand blocks.

I am thinking of booking for cats and buff next year.

Thanks!

I'd also ask how long they have held the concessions.
There are a bunch of them that have turned over recently with the government changing the game.

If you are referring to "Danny Mcallum" Safaris, you will be ib good hands. I've never hunted with them, however, Danny Mcallum, has a long and respected career as a Safari operator in Tanzania. Currently operating in Lukwati, Piti, Masailand.

There was a time when Lukwati was considered one of the top 3 big Lion areas in Africa. Not sure about the current state of big cat hunting there.

I believe one of the booking agent sponsors here, used to guide hunts for Danny Mcallum. Maybe he can chime in?

Did you ever book your hunt in Tanzania? Love to hear about it.

Did you ever book your hunt in Tanzania? Love to hear about it.

I did. It was massively successful. Mike is a wonderful operator and I hunted with Wikus Groenwald who is a masterful PH. We took a great leopard in full daylight, two buffalo, hippo, roan, 47.5" Sable, 2 Hartebeest, and Zebra in 14 magical days in Chunya.

Wow
I did. It was massively successful. Mike is a wonderful operator and I hunted with Wikus Groenwald who is a masterful PH. We took a great leopard in full daylight, two buffalo, hippo, roan, 47.5" Sable, 2 Hartebeest, and Zebra in 14 magical days in Chunya.
Wow congrats! Please post pics and update?

+1 Would love to hear more about your hunt and see some pics.
We don’t get very many reports from Tanzania around here ya know ;):D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.