TANZANIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Grand Safari?

Nature Boy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, Mozambique
Has anybody hunted with this Safari company? I'm thinking of a Buff in Tanzania this year. Christophe Beau is my contact. Thanks

I know he hunts Benin and Cameroon as well. I have talked with him a few times and seems to be pretty honest. Feels like he is a bit of a freelancer.

... I'm thinking of a Buff in Tanzania this year. ...

I was thinking of a couple of buffalo with @Bullet Safaris in October of this year. I couldn't work out the logistics of my other commitments. You might try them as well. Pretty well regarded here.

I was thinking of a couple of buffalo with @Bullet Safaris in October of this year. I couldn't work out the logistics of my other commitments. You might try them as well. Pretty well regarded here.
I have spoken with Nathan too.

I hunted with Grand Safari in the Eastern Cape of South Africa in November of 2019 for plains game, not with Christophe Beau himself but with his PH Jarryd. It was a very enjoyable and successful hunt. We, my wife and I (she came along this time, learnt my lesson from the previous trip when she stayed home) met Christophe at the East London airport only briefly but he came across as a very fine person. I still keep in contact with Jarryd. Very professional and a fun guy to spend time with. The hunt with Grand Safari was the result of a very fortunate win in a contest I had unknowingly entered at the SCI convention in Reno in January of 2019. I would not hesitate to go with Grand Safari again. As far as the winning, I guess even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.

I hunted with Grand Safari in the Eastern Cape of South Africa in November of 2019 for plains game...

One other thing to mention. I'd also look at where the outfitter is based. If an RSA outfitter is selling hunts in Tanzania, most likely they are making a deal with a local outfitter that has a concession in Tanzania.

I'd rather use an outfitter that is based in the country I am hunting. There is a hunt report here where the final outfitter never got paid by the booking outfitter and all kinds of issues.

One other thing to mention. I'd also look at where the outfitter is based. If an RSA outfitter is selling hunts in Tanzania, most likely they are making a deal with a local outfitter that has a concession in Tanzania.

I'd rather use an outfitter that is based in the country I am hunting. There is a hunt report here where the final outfitter never got paid by the booking outfitter and all kinds of issues.
I can understand your concerns. I personally like to meet the PH/Outfitter before making a commitment one way or the other. However the hunt I had with Grand Safari was a prize that I was very fortunate to win. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.It work out very well. There is another PH/Outfitter that I have had the great pleasure of hunting with in Limpopo and Makuya KNP region of RSA. He also provides hunts in Tanzania. I believe that he has concession areas there and I would contact him if you are interested. The company is Motsomi Safaris. I would love to go Buff hunting with him again. Like most, they are on the internet. Good luck and Caveat Emptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kalaharikind

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!