TANZANIA: Has Anyone Hunted With Grand Safari?

Nature Boy

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, Mozambique
Has anybody hunted with this Safari company? I'm thinking of a Buff in Tanzania this year. Christophe Beau is my contact. Thanks

LivingTheDream

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
I know he hunts Benin and Cameroon as well. I have talked with him a few times and seems to be pretty honest. Feels like he is a bit of a freelancer.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
... I'm thinking of a Buff in Tanzania this year. ...

I was thinking of a couple of buffalo with @Bullet Safaris in October of this year. I couldn't work out the logistics of my other commitments. You might try them as well. Pretty well regarded here.

Nature Boy

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, Mozambique
I was thinking of a couple of buffalo with @Bullet Safaris in October of this year. I couldn't work out the logistics of my other commitments. You might try them as well. Pretty well regarded here.
I have spoken with Nathan too.

Neil Molendyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,CCFR
Hunted
Alberta Canada,Saskatchewan Canada, Namibia, Limpopo RSA, Eastern Cape RSA
I hunted with Grand Safari in the Eastern Cape of South Africa in November of 2019 for plains game, not with Christophe Beau himself but with his PH Jarryd. It was a very enjoyable and successful hunt. We, my wife and I (she came along this time, learnt my lesson from the previous trip when she stayed home) met Christophe at the East London airport only briefly but he came across as a very fine person. I still keep in contact with Jarryd. Very professional and a fun guy to spend time with. The hunt with Grand Safari was the result of a very fortunate win in a contest I had unknowingly entered at the SCI convention in Reno in January of 2019. I would not hesitate to go with Grand Safari again. As far as the winning, I guess even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.

Tanks

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I hunted with Grand Safari in the Eastern Cape of South Africa in November of 2019 for plains game...

One other thing to mention. I'd also look at where the outfitter is based. If an RSA outfitter is selling hunts in Tanzania, most likely they are making a deal with a local outfitter that has a concession in Tanzania.

I'd rather use an outfitter that is based in the country I am hunting. There is a hunt report here where the final outfitter never got paid by the booking outfitter and all kinds of issues.

Neil Molendyk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,CCFR
Hunted
Alberta Canada,Saskatchewan Canada, Namibia, Limpopo RSA, Eastern Cape RSA
One other thing to mention. I'd also look at where the outfitter is based. If an RSA outfitter is selling hunts in Tanzania, most likely they are making a deal with a local outfitter that has a concession in Tanzania.

I'd rather use an outfitter that is based in the country I am hunting. There is a hunt report here where the final outfitter never got paid by the booking outfitter and all kinds of issues.
I can understand your concerns. I personally like to meet the PH/Outfitter before making a commitment one way or the other. However the hunt I had with Grand Safari was a prize that I was very fortunate to win. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.It work out very well. There is another PH/Outfitter that I have had the great pleasure of hunting with in Limpopo and Makuya KNP region of RSA. He also provides hunts in Tanzania. I believe that he has concession areas there and I would contact him if you are interested. The company is Motsomi Safaris. I would love to go Buff hunting with him again. Like most, they are on the internet. Good luck and Caveat Emptor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oddway

Latest profile posts

Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.
Daniel Cary wrote on Thomas Rutledge's profile.
Greetings Mr. Rutledge. My apologies for the latent reply, cell/email prohibited during working hours, apx 72 a week, yikes! I just wanted to thank you for keeping me in mind for possible 577 loads. I actually purchased a few rounds, however, the firearm is still on the fence at this point.
Many Thanks, again. Regards, Dan.