Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance, Wild Sheep Foundation, NRA
Hunted
US, Namibia, Tanzania, South Africa
After 2 years of planning my Tanzania hunt finally arrived. Got lucky on COVID issues and made it to Tanzania ok on Ethiopian through Addis Ababa. Thanks to @TRAVEL EXPRESS express for taking care of the logistics and rebooking cancelled flights.

I had talked to Nathan multiple times on the phone, but landing at the bush airstrip in Rungwa was the first time actually meeting him. He is a great guy and runs a top notch operation. Everything on the trip was exactly as he had said it would be. The tented camp was very comfortable and the views spectacular. Food was amazing --- his cooks did better in their rustic kitchen that most NYC chefs can do with 100k worth of equipment. Vehicles were all in good order, drivers and trackers were super hard-working and just fun people to be around. Their skill on the ground is amazing. Nathan was my primary PH and Thabit came along several days as his second.

Turned out to be a great time of year to be there. Weather was cool in the morning and warm but not too hot in the afternoon. No rain. Only down sides: The tsetse flies were intense at times, but it just required and extra layer of clothing to keep them at bay. The year kicked off pretty wet before I was there, so season was a couple weeks behind schedule and we spent more than expected amount of time getting stuck in the mud, literally.

In summary, I can't say enough good things about Nathan and @Bullet Safaris and I would not hesitate to recommend them. Can't wait to go back some day!

Photos to follow.

IMG_1667.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow - beautiful photos and awesome trophies!

Nathan's a great guy. Glad you had a fantastic hunt with him. You've got some good trophies and memories to last a lifetime!

Wow, you had a great hunt! Great photos also! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Definitely a grand safari! Outstanding trophies! Congratulations!

Holy smokes dude, what did you tell him “I want one of everything?” Awesome Safari, congrats!

Congrats on a great trip! That’s a dream trip for sure, I love all your trophies!

Thanks for the write up and photos. Some very nice trophies there. Great to see some enjoying Africa and all it offers. Love the zebra pic.

That is an amazing adventure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg