Talk Me Out Of A Sako 85 450 Rigby!!!

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I've been drooling over this Sako 85 Brown Bear in 450 Rigby for a couple of weeks. Please talk some sense into me!!! Must resist!
Screenshot_20190122-213121_Chrome.jpg

I will do no such thing. I know you have the money - I've bought a rifle, a pistol and a scope from you!!

easy, the rifle only weighs 9 pounds! launching a 500gr bullet at 2400fps+ from a 9 pound rifle will be uncomfortable to say the least. :eek:

a gun in 450 Rigby should weigh at least 11 pounds.

-matt

I've been drooling over this Sako 85 Brown Bear in 450 Rigby for a couple of weeks. Please talk some sense into me!!! Must resist!
View attachment 264895

I will not. You will buy it shoot it ten times then put it up and sell it later this year

easy, the rifle only weighs 9 pounds! launching a 500gr bullet at 2400fps+ from a 9 pound rifle will be uncomfortable to say the least. :eek:

a gun in 450 Rigby should weigh at least 11 pounds.

-matt
Yes, but I would only load it to Lott levels and keep pressure low. But good try! Lol!

Toby,
Let me try and talk you out of this thing!
Do you have at least 1 other 450 Rigby?
Do you find yourself thinking about it and going back on line to make sure it hasn’t been scooped up yet?
Did you add it to your watch list?
If you answered no, yes and yes, I’ve done all I can do so you better just buy the damn thing!

Toby,
Let me try and talk you out of this thing!
Do you have at least 1 other 450 Rigby?
Do you find yourself thinking about it and going back on line to make sure it hasn’t been scooped up yet?
Did you add it to your watch list?
If you answered no, yes and yes, I’ve done all I can do so you better just buy the damn thing!
My answers are No Yes Yes! Must be destiny! Haha!
The only problem with all this, is now that I've been to Africa, I see everything in the form of what animal I could shoot for x amount of dollars. So $2500 would equate to an Eland, and an Impala in SA. And all these 416s and 375s I have are not getting used enough as it is!

It would be a life-destroying mistake if you didn’t buy it.

My answers are No Yes Yes! Must be destiny! Haha!
The only problem with all this, is now that I've been to Africa, I see everything in the form of what animal I could shoot for x amount of dollars. So $2500 would equate to an Eland, and an Impala in SA. And all these 416s and 375s I have are not getting used enough as it is!
Rational thought has no place in this matter so just quit! Lol

So $2500 would equate to an Eland, and an Impala in SA. And all these 416s and 375s I have are not getting used enough as it is!

And this is why I know you will buy the gun and sell it before Christmas!

And also, you're going to force me to have to SELL those 500 Jeffrey dies and bullets you gave me BACK to you! That should pay the shipping and a box of ammo. Haha!
You see, that is what procrastination has caused! You should already have the 500J. Now we are in a bind here, I had to go all the way to Darwin, NT to replace the bullets that got lost. That one box of bullets cost around 15k buddy! Ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.