AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
I am taking 3 guns on the trip for myself and son.Another friend is going also only taking one.For the paperwork can I have a gun in his case but on my forms or should I just have him add my gun to his forms.Not sure what is legal to do or if either is ok.
Thanks for any help guys

I am taking 3 guns on the trip for myself and son.Another friend is going also only taking one.For the paperwork can I have a gun in his case but on my forms or should I just have him add my gun to his forms.Not sure what is legal to do or if either is ok.
Thanks for any help guys
We always just have them register the gun on his forms. RSA police at the airport can be very particular so we try to be extra careful. Have you sent your paperwork to get it cleared yet? If you aren't going through Joburg then it isn't as bad but Namibia can be a little particular now as well. Basically I would suggest having him register them in his name and then you don't have anything to worry about.

billc

The answer to your question is NO.

You have 2 options:
1. Take a second gun case.
a. Use a tuff-pac which will hold the 3 rifles with soft cases and be under 50lbs.
2. Have your friend have all the correct paperwork for the rifle you will be placing in his case. Plus, he has to act like it is his rifle when he is asked. Or you will lose your rifle and your friend will be detained. I an not sure how the prisons are in South Africa.

Ammo is another issue.
The ammo you transport has to match your rifle or rifles and be in a lockable case, plus transported in your luggage.
You cannot put ammo in each others luggage.

You did not indicate the rifle calibers you and your friend are taking. However, Having 2 rifles for the same caliber for one person is also against the law.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg