TAJIKISTAN: Tajikistan Marco Polo Hunt November 2018

Nice Ram and you have the patience of a saint! Glad it worked out for you!
Thanks. I am happy to get a decent ram but as I've indicated, the method of hunting and the ethics left something to be desired.

Glad that worked out. Congratulations on a very nice ram.
Sad to see them trying to hunt such an incredible trophy from a truck.

It sure as hell was an adventure. (At least no one was shooting at you this time.)
Yes, thanks. Although the Chinese military did bother us a bit since we were hunting near a disputed border area that has been disputed since the USSR days. No confrontations but they made their presence known.

Scott what outfitter did you book with? Which airline did Mel connect to Turkish on? It’s a shame about his gun not arriving but you sometimes have to recheck to make sure.
I want to go on this hunt in a couple years. It seems all outfitters charge about the same price so I want to choose the best one.
Philip
Due to the past terrorism in Turkey, the normal baggage transfer agreements between the airlines are not being honored for firearms. Mel's clothing bag made it, just not the rifle case. Gracy Travel told us to claim our bags in Chicago and re-check them with Turkish Airlines. Mel's mistake was that his check-in agent in Minneapolis told him she could check his bags all the way through and Mel let that happen because he figured she should know the rules better than Gracy Travel. There are so many rules now and the hunting travel agents, like Gracy Travel, know the rules better than the airline employees. Situations like these are why hunters should use Gracy Travel, Travel with Guns or another agent who is up to speed on firearms issues. Hunters need to be paying attention and also read the rules themselves. Too many guys just figure everything is good to go. I am very careful about such things and have never had a problem. Things are changing fast and so just because you did something a certain way on your last trip doesn't mean that works the next time.

Congratulations on your adventure. Very good ram !

Sad thing, to travel halfway around the world for your dream hunt and be stuck with these very"professional" hunters.
Thank you!

Scott good to see you survived another little incident... :D......and congrats for eventually getting your animal even though your guides seem to have been working not exactly in your interests.... :D Beers:

Scott good to see you survived another little incident... :D......and congrats for eventually getting your animal even though your guides seem to have been working not exactly in your interests.... :D Beers:
Thanks Mike!

Thanks for sharing your adventure and photos. Was a memorable trip for sure. Sounds like the main intention of the guides was to get some meat for themselves with your ram a second best. Would never hunt with them. Congrats on the ram too!

Scott, that was a fantastic hunt. For me it would be physically impossible, thanks for taking us along for the ride.
Like others have said, congrats on doing it the right way. Please remember to provide photos of the taxidermist's work once you get it home.

Sounds like an amazing adventure. Super impressive job hunting at the top of the world. Few people will ever hunt higher.

Love your ram. Thanks for sharing your memories!

Thanks for sharing your adventure and photos. Was a memorable trip for sure. Sounds like the main intention of the guides was to get some meat for themselves with your ram a second best. Would never hunt with them. Congrats on the ram too!
Thank you, Sir.

Scott, that was a fantastic hunt. For me it would be physically impossible, thanks for taking us along for the ride.
Like others have said, congrats on doing it the right way. Please remember to provide photos of the taxidermist's work once you get it home.
Thank you, I will.

Sounds like an amazing adventure. Super impressive job hunting at the top of the world. Few people will ever hunt higher.

Love your ram. Thanks for sharing your memories!
You are too kind. Thanks.

Congrats on the great Marco Polo sheep hunt! A lot of challenges but you handled the pressure well!

Scott, fantastic read. Beautiful ram!
That is one heck of a road! Glad you made it out of there intact.
Would love to see your ram when he is finished up.

98557E05-64CD-4383-98BD-2D430DF50AA7.jpeg

Here’s the mount. If you look closely, you can pick out my North American Grand Slam with two rams that make the All-time B&C book and two that make the Awards book.

Scott, fantastic read. Beautiful ram!
That is one heck of a road! Glad you made it out of there intact.
Would love to see your ram when he is finished up.
I posted a pic.

Scott thats impressive
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.