AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
After the hunt is done and the meat processed and bought to the table a good knife is needed to help enjoy the fruits of your endevours.
I have been working on a table knife/steak knife design over the last couple of years and now have it where I convinced that it is worthy of presenting to my customer base. There is a His'n'Hers in the pair with the Hers being a fraction shorter in both handle and blade. Blades is NitroV SS with the first pair being spalted buckeye and the second pair with maple burl. Will come in leather slip cover.
USS360 per pair (plus shipping) with the exhibition handle wood.
IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

I've already bought my Christmas present, but I've been stumped for what to get my wife. I think that you've solved my dilemma. I'll put out some feelers and see what she thinks of having her own personal steak knife.

I've already bought my Christmas present, but I've been stumped for what to get my wife. I think that you've solved my dilemma. I'll put out some feelers and see what she thinks of having her own personal steak knife.
Be happy to work with you Ray but the window for shiping to the US closes in a couple of days so delivery would not be untill the new year

Wow those are beautiful! Very well done. What is the heat treatment with that type of steel?

Wow those are beautiful! Very well done. What is the heat treatment with that type of steel?
NitroV Stainless is profiled, holes drilled, wraped in stainless foil and into the forge ramping up from about 1600F to 1960F and held for 7 minutes then plate quenched between 1 1/4" alloy plates in vise, foil taken off and into freezer for 30 minutes to drop temperature then into liquid nitrogen at -96F for an hour for cryo quench. Bought back to room temp and into the tempering over at 325F for 2 times 2hour cycles allowing to cool to room tempo between cycles. After that they can have the bevels ground in, and everything hand sanded, handles fitted with pins and epoxy, left 24 hrs for the epoxy to cure, handles shaped and finished and buffed, the blade sharpened and then a slip cover made for the pair. I do all the stainless blades this way.

NitroV Stainless is profiled, holes drilled, wraped in stainless foil and into the forge ramping up from about 1600F to 1960F and held for 7 minutes then plate quenched between 1 1/4" alloy plates in vise, foil taken off and into freezer for 30 minutes to drop temperature then into liquid nitrogen at -96F for an hour for cryo quench. Bought back to room temp and into the tempering over at 325F for 2 times 2hour cycles allowing to cool to room tempo between cycles. After that they can have the bevels ground in, and everything hand sanded, handles fitted with pins and epoxy, left 24 hrs for the epoxy to cure, handles shaped and finished and buffed, the blade sharpened and then a slip cover made for the pair. I do all the stainless blades this way.
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing that.

Garry;
I'll take the other set. Send me a PM with shipping and total cost. You might have all my info yet from previous purchases.
Please send them as soon as practical;)

Bob

Those are some gorgeous knifes, and are the nicest looking steak knifes that I have seen,

Garry;
I'll take the other set. Send me a PM with shipping and total cost. You might have all my info yet from previous purchases.
Please send them as soon as practical;)

Bob
Thank you Bob. Pm inbound.

Nice knives, it’s no wonder they’d sold easily.

I’m wondering if the ole’ fella has elves in that workshop. There is a lot of work going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg