Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
After the hunt is done and the meat processed and bought to the table a good knife is needed to help enjoy the fruits of your endevours.
I have been working on a table knife/steak knife design over the last couple of years and now have it where I convinced that it is worthy of presenting to my customer base. There is a His'n'Hers in the pair with the Hers being a fraction shorter in both handle and blade. Blades is NitroV SS with the first pair being spalted buckeye and the second pair with maple burl. Will come in leather slip cover.
USS360 per pair (plus shipping) with the exhibition handle wood.
IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

Ray B

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I've already bought my Christmas present, but I've been stumped for what to get my wife. I think that you've solved my dilemma. I'll put out some feelers and see what she thinks of having her own personal steak knife.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
I've already bought my Christmas present, but I've been stumped for what to get my wife. I think that you've solved my dilemma. I'll put out some feelers and see what she thinks of having her own personal steak knife.
Be happy to work with you Ray but the window for shiping to the US closes in a couple of days so delivery would not be untill the new year

Shootist43

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Von Gruff, those steak knives with the Spalted Buckeye handles are absolutely stunning.

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Von Gruff, those steak knives with the Spalted Buckeye handles are absolutely stunning.
Thank you. I am rather partial to this wood and this pair is very pretty.

machinistbutler

Silver supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada Namibia
Wow those are beautiful! Very well done. What is the heat treatment with that type of steel?

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Wow those are beautiful! Very well done. What is the heat treatment with that type of steel?
NitroV Stainless is profiled, holes drilled, wraped in stainless foil and into the forge ramping up from about 1600F to 1960F and held for 7 minutes then plate quenched between 1 1/4" alloy plates in vise, foil taken off and into freezer for 30 minutes to drop temperature then into liquid nitrogen at -96F for an hour for cryo quench. Bought back to room temp and into the tempering over at 325F for 2 times 2hour cycles allowing to cool to room tempo between cycles. After that they can have the bevels ground in, and everything hand sanded, handles fitted with pins and epoxy, left 24 hrs for the epoxy to cure, handles shaped and finished and buffed, the blade sharpened and then a slip cover made for the pair. I do all the stainless blades this way.

Randy F

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
US and South Africa
NitroV Stainless is profiled, holes drilled, wraped in stainless foil and into the forge ramping up from about 1600F to 1960F and held for 7 minutes then plate quenched between 1 1/4" alloy plates in vise, foil taken off and into freezer for 30 minutes to drop temperature then into liquid nitrogen at -96F for an hour for cryo quench. Bought back to room temp and into the tempering over at 325F for 2 times 2hour cycles allowing to cool to room tempo between cycles. After that they can have the bevels ground in, and everything hand sanded, handles fitted with pins and epoxy, left 24 hrs for the epoxy to cure, handles shaped and finished and buffed, the blade sharpened and then a slip cover made for the pair. I do all the stainless blades this way.
Fascinating. Thanks for sharing that.

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Garry;
I'll take the other set. Send me a PM with shipping and total cost. You might have all my info yet from previous purchases.
Please send them as soon as practical;)

Bob

Ravensview

Bronze supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Those are some gorgeous knifes, and are the nicest looking steak knifes that I have seen,

Von Gruff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.vongruffknives.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
Garry;
I'll take the other set. Send me a PM with shipping and total cost. You might have all my info yet from previous purchases.
Please send them as soon as practical;)

Bob
Thank you Bob. Pm inbound.

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
Nice knives, it’s no wonder they’d sold easily.

I’m wondering if the ole’ fella has elves in that workshop. There is a lot of work going on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaydawg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh