Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I just want to acknowledge the wonderful customer service at Swift. I bought their manual, and noted they had the 358 Norma but not the 308 Norma Mag. So, I emailed looking for data. Bill Hober called me back, and left a long message explaining why that data was not in the book, and where I may get useful data.

I think some folks just know customer service!

Anyways, another reason to have confidence in Swift.

Sure sounds better then my last call to Federal concerning Sledgehammers.No help there!!!

I called Mr. Hober back. Very nice fellow who believes passionately in his product. He had a lot of very interesting information about the bullets, and how to load them.:)

Pheroze, what did he have to say about Swift bullets (hopefully 200 Gr. A Frames) and the 308 Norma Mag?

Pheroze, what did he have to say about Swift bullets (hopefully 200 Gr. A Frames) and the 308 Norma Mag?
We had a general chat. He described to me their engineering, basically why they use pure copper and lead, how they will open exactly as described whether they hit 150 lbs deer or 1000 lbs moose. we discussed Scirocco vs AFrame - basically, choose your bullet based on anticipated impact speed and distance. We did discuss the 165 gr vs 180. Basically, no bad choices. The formula is decide impact speed and look at the diagram of the expanded bullets - he is confident that's how it will look in reality. but, he did mention he personally uses the bullet weight the cartridge was built for, example 180 in the 300 WM. He has the collection to use the cartridge that is best suited for the weight if he wants to move up or down. It was an interesting chat. It felt like he had all the time in the world to just talk about these things.

Did he say anything about the belling out of the shank behind the partition? at high impact the shank bells out and looks as if it may rupture at some point. Have they ever had that happen in their testing?

Did he say anything about the belling out of the shank behind the partition? at high impact the shank bells out and looks as if it may rupture at some point. Have they ever had that happen in their testing?
I didn't ask him that, but he did say the pictures accurately show the deformation you could expect. And, those pictures clearly show this belling at higher velocity. FWIW I had previously understood the belling to be a design feature. He also said the Aframe is nearly indestructible.

If I could summarize: they use soft materials that will deform readily (obturate in the bore, and mushroom on impact), thick walls and bonding for integrity, customer service for getting them into the field(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross