Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I ordered some 400gr. A-frames got them in 3wks from the factory here in Kansas.
20210430_163211.jpeg

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I just got a big shipment in from Swift- first time using them. Looking forward to getting out to the range in the next week or so and testing them out.
300 Win Mag A Frames, 375 HH A Frames and Solids, 470 NE A Frames and Solids.

20210427_165454.jpg

I'll be field testing them on elephant, leopard, and PG in less than 2 months!

Daga Boy

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
The Swift A frame is an outstanding performer on heavy animals. On thin skinned, light boned animals expansion is limited and kills tend to be slower and less dramatic than with lighter , more frangible bullets like Nosler partition.

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Have used Aframes in .458, (Buffalo) .410 (Hippo, Roan) 9.3 (Eland, Sable) with a %100 satisfaction

baxterb

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Anyone know who is making their Brass?

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
I’m definitely a Swift A-Frame fan boy for Elk and up! Their Scirocco II is a great bullet for smaller game and seems to eliminate having to follow a blood trail. The first rendition of the Scirocco sucked and had all of the characteristics of the original Ballistic Tip but it has been much improved.
Below is the only questionable performance of an A-Frame that I have experienced. The right side bullet is from a heart shot Buffalo with the bullet recovered just under the hide on the far side. The deformed bullet on the left is from an Impala shot from the rear and recovered in the brisket. How it happened is anyone’s best guess. I didn’t shoot through brush and you wouldn’t think that there was a bone in an impala hard enough to do this to a premium bullet. The bullet entered first through the scrotum and then proceeded in straight line penetration to the front of the chest cavity. Only excuse I find plausible is that I met an Impala with balls of steel that day!
AC272A21-7874-4CFC-BC71-F72FE4659922.jpeg

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, New Zealand, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Have an order of Swift bullets in 7mm and .375 Ruger being delivered today.

How long ago did you order these? A few months ago I ordered some 7mm and 270 SAF and received them in about 10 days. More recently, I ordered some 404 SAF and it's going on 3 weeks and still haven't shipped.

Hunter4752001

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I just wish that they would allow international orders. Once upon a time ITARs would have made this difficult, but the changes during the Trump years removed that obstacle.

bruce moulds

AH legend
Reaction score
I just wish that they would allow international orders. Once upon a time ITARs would have made this difficult, but the changes during the Trump years removed that obstacle.
but we still have little johnny's barriers at this end.
bruce.

Hunter4752001

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
No real barriers providing you do your paperwork. Download and complete the B709 application form, submit it to your State police firearms section for approval (free). Do that before ordering. When package arrives, Border Force will either let it through or send you an advice that they have seized it. What that means is that you email Border Force with a copy of the B709, they then ask you to go to the relevant Border Force office to produce original permit and collect your stuff.

fourfive8

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
Ordered some A-Frames direct from Swift on April 11. Received via USPS on April 30. No complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Williamapecy

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?