Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Texas,Namibia,Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho, South Africa, New Zealand
I ordered some 400gr. A-frames got them in 3wks from the factory here in Kansas.
20210430_163211.jpeg

I just got a big shipment in from Swift- first time using them. Looking forward to getting out to the range in the next week or so and testing them out.
300 Win Mag A Frames, 375 HH A Frames and Solids, 470 NE A Frames and Solids.

20210427_165454.jpg

I'll be field testing them on elephant, leopard, and PG in less than 2 months!

The Swift A frame is an outstanding performer on heavy animals. On thin skinned, light boned animals expansion is limited and kills tend to be slower and less dramatic than with lighter , more frangible bullets like Nosler partition.

Have an order of Swift bullets in 7mm and .375 Ruger being delivered today.

Have used Aframes in .458, (Buffalo) .410 (Hippo, Roan) 9.3 (Eland, Sable) with a %100 satisfaction

I’m definitely a Swift A-Frame fan boy for Elk and up! Their Scirocco II is a great bullet for smaller game and seems to eliminate having to follow a blood trail. The first rendition of the Scirocco sucked and had all of the characteristics of the original Ballistic Tip but it has been much improved.
Below is the only questionable performance of an A-Frame that I have experienced. The right side bullet is from a heart shot Buffalo with the bullet recovered just under the hide on the far side. The deformed bullet on the left is from an Impala shot from the rear and recovered in the brisket. How it happened is anyone’s best guess. I didn’t shoot through brush and you wouldn’t think that there was a bone in an impala hard enough to do this to a premium bullet. The bullet entered first through the scrotum and then proceeded in straight line penetration to the front of the chest cavity. Only excuse I find plausible is that I met an Impala with balls of steel that day!
AC272A21-7874-4CFC-BC71-F72FE4659922.jpeg

Have an order of Swift bullets in 7mm and .375 Ruger being delivered today.

How long ago did you order these? A few months ago I ordered some 7mm and 270 SAF and received them in about 10 days. More recently, I ordered some 404 SAF and it's going on 3 weeks and still haven't shipped.

I just wish that they would allow international orders. Once upon a time ITARs would have made this difficult, but the changes during the Trump years removed that obstacle.

I just wish that they would allow international orders. Once upon a time ITARs would have made this difficult, but the changes during the Trump years removed that obstacle.
but we still have little johnny's barriers at this end.
bruce.

No real barriers providing you do your paperwork. Download and complete the B709 application form, submit it to your State police firearms section for approval (free). Do that before ordering. When package arrives, Border Force will either let it through or send you an advice that they have seized it. What that means is that you email Border Force with a copy of the B709, they then ask you to go to the relevant Border Force office to produce original permit and collect your stuff.

Ordered some A-Frames direct from Swift on April 11. Received via USPS on April 30. No complaints.

just ordered 2 boxes of SAF 160s for my new 280 AI, plus some RCBS dies which were FINALLY back in stock. Now I just need to find some brass. Already have primers and IMR4831 and H4350

In a bind for bullets?.....look a Hammer Bullets..very accurate..quick shipment..made in Montana....great service...talk to the owners...are not tweaky to seating and very accurate. Solid copper hollow points.

Bullthrower,
Back a few years I also shot an Impala ram for cat bait. Had my 458 Lott in my hands so used that. The ram was facing away so the 500 gr. SAF hit the right ham and traveled to the base of the skull.We never figured out how that could have happened. Another impala.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg