Swift A-frames in low velocity cartridges?

Von S.

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Matt,

A guy gets a box of bullets that are labeled as expanding. He shoots a cape and the bullet expands too much and now theres all that running, sweating and shooting . The next animal that gets hit is a kudu who dies instantly. The next is a leopard which is hit right, but the bullet whistles through him like crap through a goose and now you have a psychopath cat who is now hunting you before he stiffens up.

This is why I machine all my own dg bullets for both velocity and body disruption.

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
Matt,

A guy gets a box of bullets that are labeled as expanding. He shoots a cape and the bullet expands too much and now theres all that running, sweating and shooting . The next animal that gets hit is a kudu who dies instantly. The next is a leopard which is hit right, but the bullet whistles through him like crap through a goose and now you have a psychopath cat who is now hunting you before he stiffens up.

This is why I machine all my own dg bullets for both velocity and body disruption.

Are you referring to Swift A frames or some other expanding bullet?

Von S.

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

I am talking about expanding bullet from every company that ever made them.

I am not badmouthing any of them do what they say they will do. I am just attempting to explain that if someone shoots something like a cape with a jacket and core hardness designed for a very thin and more delicate animal that bullet will perform correctly and a bone strike could cause complete desintagration and vice versa on a thin skinned animal shot with too hard and top thick bullet material.

I exclusively use Nosler Ballistic Tip bullets on deer sized and smaller thin skinned targets knowing damned well that at the speed and distance that I am hitting them with the bullet is going to come apart, yet I still swear by them because I pick my shots and will not attempt a Texas Heart Shot even at a world record. I take head and neck shots and they drop on the spot. The NBT kills like lightening behind the shoulder with a 30 caliber 180 great out of an 06 as it turns into a grenade out to about 150 yards and after that it calms down.

All of the companies make good bullets....the problem is that no one makes one that works correctly with a wide swing of velocity or if it's too thick or too thin.

Choose wisely Sir Knight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buy-soma-online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

raamw wrote on neckdeep's profile.
Supply your address so I can get shipping Paypal Friend (no ) fee) is fine
Viral_SIGness wrote on Rifle57's profile.
Great person to deal with. Fast communication and quick shipper!
Sarg wrote on Philippe's profile.
Hello Philippe, did you get my PM that I sent you earlier ?

Regards Mark
raamw wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Can you advise me to properly post pix, sometimes I get it right sometimes not
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on Milan's profile.
I do not know where this video was posted, but I would very much like to see it.