Swedish Mauser 96 6.5x55 video

I had a WWI Swedish Mauser (I think it was a 98) chambered in 6.5x55 and it was stamped 1918.
It had belonged to my Grandfather and been sportersterized with a 16.5" barrel and trimmed down stock.
He said that the headspace was off and the sights on the rifle were in dire condition.
Rather than deal with the headspace and possible other gunsmith issues, I sold it some years ago having never shot it.
And now the 6.5 caliber is all the rage...crap.

My friend Sam Ruben was a one gun man and his choice was the 6.5 x 55 which he carried everywhere from Alaska to Africa from the 30’s through the 80’s.
He tried to explain the virtues of the 6.5 to me but I was too hung up on the .308 to listen. Ahhh the ignorance of youth. It took me buying a 6.5CM a few years ago to understand what he was teaching me then.

Stangskyting is a Norwegian thing. A drill set up by colonel Georg Stang to increase the norwegian troops rate of fire to compensate for the lack of machine guns. Much like the mad minute
The Swedes was planned to be in the reciving end...
Norway and Sweeden was on the brink of war from the 1880s until the union was disbanded in 1905.

Today, using a Sauer 200

And using the Norwegian Krag-Jørgensen (with was the Norwegian service rifle from 1894 to 1940 (1950s for the home guard and 1994 for the national rifle association)).

Stangskyting is a Norwegian thing. ...
I was watching a contest online some time ago, and started wondering about what the competitors were doing with the right hand. Looks like they have the thumb and index finger on the bolt handle all the time, and press the trigger with middle or ring finger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg