Swarovski Z8i 1-8x24mm Scope - Anyone Try It?

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
http://www.swarovskioptik.com/hunting/z8i-c20050801/Z8i-1-8x24-L-BRT-I-p5265639

New scope on the block. It looks amazing for all applications I can fathom. Anyone have one? Would love to read a report from a AH member.

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 4.45.18 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
rookhawk I have put hands on the scope at NRA convention and have one on order they are supposed to come out the end of this month or early july. full MSR is around 2600. Scope was amazing when I looked thru it at NRA show. I plan to put it on my buff rig. I will do a report when I get it up and running.

rookhawk,
I have given up waiting on the z8i and went ahead and got the swarovski z6i 1-6x24mm with the lighted circle dot reticle and extended eye relief and put it on 416rem. all I can say is that it is awesome and basically the z8i is the same scope just 1-8x. the lighted circle dot is the way to go shows up perfect in day light and if flip lever goes down in brightness for dawn dusk mode, has auto shut off by tilt of gun position and takes reciol of 416 no issue. and of course it is a swarovski so the glass is just crystal clear and bright. damn near as good glass as my schmidt & bender scopes. tracks perfectly but i must admit one thing i dont like is the clicks are 1/2 inch not 1/4 inch so cant get it dead perfect on at 100yds is low by about 1/3 inch. Sorry I know that good enough for a DG gun but I am anal on zeroing guns perfectly. so I would say a damn good DG gun scope!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross