Swarovski z6 Or Zeiss victory

Really big old boar. The red dot really did help make the shot possible.
247812-73c9bc881c84959f740faa56ab38dd80.jpg

Congratulations on a fantastic boar. You seldom see those big fellows before dark on a walk and stalk.

Big bushpig boars can vary quite a bit in there appearance, from black or grey, to chocolate or still having a red colour. The latter, like yours makes a beautiful wall pedestal mount if skinned back far enough to still show the colour on the flanks.

20180418_212917.jpg

20180418_212909.jpg

I am partial to Swaro, but the illuminated reticle is very nice to have, when it is needed.

I can't see any downside to an illuminated reticle other than perhaps the cost. I am of the view that one good shot in poor light pays for the illuminated reticle.

On a 375, I would ask what you plan to use it for before recommending a scope. If it is strictly for plains game, a 1.7-10 makes sense. I believe the greatest value of a 375 is its versatility. Consequently, I have fitted mine with a Z8 1-8 so that it will be suitable up close if needed on dangerous game and also suitable at a fair distance.

Buff hunt in 2020. Plains game as opportunities arise. I picked up the Zeiss and could always get the Swaro if I don’t like the zeiss. Red dot was final determining factor. ( good price on both) Thanks to all who helped with great info. Now, to start practicing

I have a Swarovski Z6 1x6 EE
EE stand for extended eye relief ( 6 inches )
discontinued, I would not sell it for twice the price I paid for it
its got a circle with a dot .... illuminated if I want

great on a rifle like mine 450 rigby Sako Brown bear

I tried to find a Z6 1-6x EE with no luck. It appears that everyone who own one feel like you do Canuck! Ended up caving in and buying the Z8 1-8x for a new Rigby in 9.3x62. I would really have liked that extra eye relief but I think the Z8 will work well. PS I assume you’re Canadian eh?

I tried to find a Z6 1-6x EE with no luck. It appears that everyone who own one feel like you do Canuck! Ended up caving in and buying the Z8 1-8x for a new Rigby in 9.3x62. I would really have liked that extra eye relief but I think the Z8 will work well. PS I assume you’re Canadian eh?

the z8 will be find on your 9.3x62 recoil is not big enough to want a z6 EE

Reactions: WAB
the z8 will be find on your 9.3x62 recoil is not big enough to want a z6 EE

Agreed, it probably would have ended up on my Lott if I had found one. All’s well that ends well. My wife is excited about the Z8 on the 9.3 for her first buffalo hunt.

Agreed, it probably would have ended up on my Lott if I had found one. All’s well that ends well. My wife is excited about the Z8 on the 9.3 for her first buffalo hunt.[/QUOT

I was looking for a time at the Sako carbon light in 9.3x62 but at 6 pounds it had a recoil of about 60 pounds with 300 gr. bullets....

if I don't like my 450 rigby on the recoil issue will look up this carbon light

I have a z6 and it's amazing I can't speak for the zeiss though

Can’t go wrong with either but I’m partial to Swarovski. I have several and love them. A few years ago I tried a comparison test with 2 Swarovski scopes and two lesser brands. I sat on my back patio looking into the woods at dusk. As the light faded I kept comparing the scopes. I was impressed at how much longer I could see details in the woods with the Swarovski scopes. Worth the money.

I have the 1.6-6 #60 Zeiss non-illuminated on my .375 H&H and it's awesome. I found the scope so bright that I truly believe I could hunt by moonlight.
Same. In fact I have shot several pigs under moon light with this combination.

My view on Illuminated scopes. It is something else to go wrong. However if you hunt low light, eyes are getting old or you don't plan on hanging onto the scope for donkey's years then I think illuminated reticles are the go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!