Swarovski Habicht 4 Scope Question

IHC-KB5

AH member
Reaction score
I recently acquired a J. Wilkes .308 that came with a Habicht 4 scope. Does anyone have the 'secret' to zeroing the scope?
I have loosened the 3 set screws on the turrets (see photos) and no matter how many clicks I turn them, my pattern does not move in the slightest. The shots are all high, left, and refuse to to move. I will be forever grateful to find out that there is some magical thing that I am omitting in attempting to adjust the scope, but have yet to discover it. The mounts are tight and I have been using a sled with the target at 100yards.
Many thanks, Chris.

IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG

Hi IHC,

Don´t do this! Those screws have nothing to do with the movement of the reticle! More so, if you loose them the control would not works. That scope is one of the last non centered reticle made by Swarovski. Good and strong ones! The mount is a David Lloyd design, one the strongest scope mount system ever made.
Try to adjust back that screws and then move the weel. Ideally use an optic collimator to check if the reticule moves. Anyway, being a non centered reticle you could see if it moves just looking at it in the scope´s field.
If doing this the reticle does not moves, something is not working right and the scope should be fixed.
Good luck!

CF

I recently acquired a J. Wilkes .308 that came with a Habicht 4 scope. Does anyone have the 'secret' to zeroing the scope?
I have loosened the 3 set screws on the turrets (see photos) and no matter how many clicks I turn them, my pattern does not move in the slightest. The shots are all high, left, and refuse to to move. I will be forever grateful to find out that there is some magical thing that I am omitting in attempting to adjust the scope, but have yet to discover it. The mounts are tight and I have been using a sled with the target at 100yards.
Many thanks, Chris.

View attachment 511193View attachment 511194View attachment 511195View attachment 511196View attachment 511197
One of my Swaros had the exact same problem. I had to send it to Swaro shop which is easy to find on internet. Contacted them and was issued a return number. They returned it within three weeks fixed. They never told me what was wrong with it

One of my Swaros had the exact same problem. I had to send it to Swaro shop which is easy to find on internet. Contacted them and was issued a return number. They returned it within three weeks fixed. They never told me what was wrong with it
This is great information. Many thanks!

Hi IHC,

A VERY FINE RIFLE!!! The action is from a SAKO Forester. For the 308 and family length.
Looking thw scope some more close, perhaps is ine of the first with centered recicle. Anyway, these three little screws must not be touched.

Good luck !

CF

Very nice rifle by a great London maker. Kudus...

very nice-looking rifle gota love all that beautiful wood. Only half of my rifles have nice wood stocks.

What a stunning rifle, good luck sorting out that scope!!

Update on the Swarovski Habicht 4 scope issue.

Swarovski no longer repairs this scope, but were kind enough to send me the list of optics that are no longer repaired, which I am attaching. Hopefully it is helpful to anyone else with an older Swarovski scope.

Now looking for recommendations on repair shops that deal with vintage/older scopes. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Swarovski Items No Longer Repaired 2020.02.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaBlohm

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!