Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Hungary
in the States, look into Magna Porting. I know they have a good rapport with the Desert Eagle community, but the website suggests they can do anything. The idea, if I recall properly, is to drill small holes in the barrel giving the function of muzzle brake, but without the ugly that comes with it. Their science almost certainly will reduce some felt recoil as well.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I've had a couple of suppressors over the years and those made by Silencerco have impressed me the most. Couple things to consider-

-can't import them into US, so you'll have to buy from a US manufacturer
-i picked up my newest suppressor about a week ago- about 5 month wait time for tax stamp
-starting this summer, you will need to submit finger prints and a photo to put in for a tax stamp- even with a trust. Don't need to clear it through your CLEO anymore (so good and bad to the new rules)
-despite the wait, I highly recommend getting them for all the reasons already listed.

I just got my Silencerco Omega for my 7mm Rem Mag. Its awesome- and crazy light! This is critical to make sure you don't throw off the balance of your rifle too much. I was shooting it off my sticks no problem- point of impact about an inch low at 100 yds, but still sub moa.

If you go to http://www.silencershop.com/ they will list local vendors with the silencer that you want. Sometimes it pays off to contact those vendors directly. They may offer you a better deal than what they advertise on the website- my local guy did. (Also, by buying from a local guy, you cut down on the wait time. My first suppressor I ordered from TX, so it took about two months to get approved transfer from TX to AZ, then another 5 months for the tax stamp).

DM Shooting

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.dmshooting.co.uk
I understand for a lot of you guys state side this is new territory for us we've had them for years, and they are easy to get I currently stock around 6 brands and I'm small!

The thing you have to remember with moderators it's all trade offs.

Small light and quiet = won't last long.
Small light hard wearing = noisey
Hard wearing quiet = heavy

So they have to be selected for the job but we tended to run them here on most rifles 22lr what's the point of one with out a $20 moderator and subsonic ammo very quiet ideal rabbit lamping rifle.
Likewise fox rifles but they tend to cost more but a big heavy T8 from a pickup roof or side by side who cares
Lightweight hill rifle that's does fire many rounds can have the lightweight quiet moderator we dream of because it won't get much use.

I'll post some photos when I get home but for me my 375 is not get a moderator as it needs to be smooth and fast handing.

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
I understand for a lot of you guys state side this is new territory for us we've had them for years,

@DM Shooting maybe not new- although the vast majority of Americans do not have a good understanding of the rules/laws of the land and of individual states. We can only hope that at some point they will make it easier to acquire suppressors- I've never understood why the ATF feels the need to heavily restrict a product that is essentially a hearing safety device....

Also, I agree with your description of the weight-noise reduction-durability trade offs. You can never have everything!

DM Shooting

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.dmshooting.co.uk
A moderator is simple health and safety
I love through that back at licensing that I'm trying to protect people's hearing!!!

Here they are classed as a firearm but once you have a rifle agreed the moderator is easily justified and almost expected now.

I don't understand this world view of moderators being dangerous (all be it drop a T8 on your foot it hurts) it's not Hollywood quiet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarryJosly

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frank375 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
I am going to Tanzania the 1st of September and want to know what weight Darn Tough socks you recommend.Thanks,Frank.
Lee wrote on kclark4094's profile.
Sir, Did you sell all of your .404 Jeffery rounds you had listed in Sept 2020? Any left? Let me know. Thanks.
eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?