Suggestion - FULL Disclosure for Advertised Hunts.

pinotguy

AH senior member
Reaction score
Just thought that completely disclosed details on all advertised hunts, be they discounted offers or fully priced, here on Africa Hunting would be in order. I could be off-base here but wouldn't this be easier on everyone - outfitters wouldn't have to answer three dozen PM's, phone calls, or e-mails and potential buyers could look an offer over and then make contact if it was something they wanted to pursue.

Here is the information I would propose as full disclosure:

- Name of operator/outfitter/booking agent who is offering the hunt.
- Complete list of what is Included and Excluded (i.e. transfers, charters, visas, concession fees, etc) and their costs.
- Species available and Trophy Fees.
- Length of hunt.
- Basis of hunt - 1x1, 2x1, etc.
- Country and Area the hunt is to take place in.
- Available Dates.

Don't mean to sound like a cold mackerel but I can't see why this would be considered unreasonable.

From what i've seen, it looks like most offers have these details listed. But, a requirement of this is good for all involved i guess.

"New" Members

Should there also be a policy in place that determines when you may start listing hunts and items for sale? My point is that there are five hunts listed today from members who joined today. Their only posts on the site are hunts for sale. Does anyone know them, are they reputable, are they even for real?

It seems to me that this will quickly become a spam source if you are allowed to begin listing items for sale without a minimum amount of time or number of postings required. I know this is a startup web site but I have seen things like this get out of control on similiar member discussion boards. Just my concerns.

Macs B,

A very good and valid point unfortunately it will be very difficult to really find out who is behind that keyboard even he has 1000 posts. Maybe there should be a minimum of posts that needs to be posted before one can post a listing ? At least then, whoever they are they will have to contribute first and spend some time on here.

Wow. After i posted that last night i looked around and saw a whole bunch of new hunts posted. I think some guidelines are in order.

Pinotguy is correct! If you are going to post a hunt. Put all the details down clearly!!! I don't like having to do hours of research to find out what the true cost of the hunt really is....and what hoops I have to jump through to take the hunt. Trophy fees especially should be very clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,