Stumbled onto an interesting purchase BRNO ZKK 602 .375 rifle

P1090638-900x600.jpg

I really wanted a 452 but they discontinued it and now offer the 455. It's basically a 452 with some improvements or some cost cutting measures depending on who you ask

I wanted a nice bolt action 22. I was gonna buy a cheap savage or a Marlin xt22 but decided to buy something with a little more quality. I have a Henry and a Ruger 10-22 now I will have this. Spanning from a lever to auto to bolt action.

I've had a ton of 22 ammo fall into my lap recently and now I'll have years of plinking with a nice variety of guns to shoot it with

A couple weeks back I picked up an older BRNO ZKK 602 .375 rifle. I was going to flip it and make a bit on the gun. While researching the gun, I was very pleased to find it once belonged to the big bore guru and former editor of Guns and Ammo magazine, Jack Lott the father of the .458 LOTT. The gun was worked over by famed gunsmith Lon Paul as well. The last time the gun was sold publicly it went for $3,500, that was a few years ago. Not really sure what the value is now, but its a beautiful gun.

View attachment 151522 View attachment 151523 View attachment 151524 View attachment 151525
Hi James. You do not want this rifle. You're more into working rifles from what I read. This one is more of a collectors item. I'm a collector. I will take it off your hands so you can sleep easy not having to worry about owning too many guns when you can really only use one at a time. My CZ .458 Lott, however needs its sibling. And since your .375 is from the father of the .458 caliber, it only makes sense they should be together in my safe. No worries. I use all of my rifles so it would not rust away. :D:D:D:D:D

thanks for the heads up.

id be more interested if it was in 458 Lott though...

-matt
You don't want a 375 Matt, hell they don't even kick, You could shoot that with one hand

@Milan you may be right, make an offer?
Ha James! You tease! I was only jesting...but now you got me thinking. To be honest, as nice as the rifle is and as much as I am a fan of Jack Lott and Lon Paul and would love to have that rifle, I think any offer I'd give would be insulting. Maybe if I did not have all the other rifles. Or I could trade you for something like mint Ruger RSM Mk II in .416 Rigby but that would defeat that "not a collector" attitude of yours. On top of everything I'm in Canada and we'd have to deal with exporting it, which is around $400 for just the permit I think.

The more I think about this the sadder I get. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you