Strong Action .45-70 for Buffalo?

Ole Bally,

I bought my Boswell through Champlins one of the most reputable dealers in the country. Bores were nearly perfect which is unusual due to the use cordite, it was either seldom shot or cleaned very well in the old days. It is very tight on face and the lever is far to the right. Triggers are not quite as crisp as I like but not bad.

It has functioned perfectly to date although I have only fired about 150 rounds through it since buying it. Most of the shooting has been regulation/velocity testing with different bullets and loads. I also performed penetration testing. Before elephant hunting with it I will run another 250 rounds or so through it.

I offer plenty of humor for the staff on safari, but hopefully never from my lack of knowledge of firearms, that sort of thing can get you killed.

Find a guide who will allow you to bring your 45-70. Unfortunately, a lot of people who have never hunt or even shot the rifle make grave predictions of failure based upon some meaningless energy level numbers.
Go to Africa, take your 45-70 and prove them wrong.

Yes, I have five (5) 45-70's, a 458 win mag, 416 Ruger, 375 Ruger, 375 H&H.
I don't feel under gunned with any of my 45-70's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.