Stray Lion Injures Three People, Kills Three Cattle

no I,m not, i didn,t feel threatened at all, but if it decided to find me eatable I had the means to stop it. yes I believe poaching can decimate animals, but I,m not talking about poachers. I,m talking about regular people trying to make a living raising animals having the need to protect their property and maybe lives from loss with legal firearms that are very hard for them to own. owning a firearm does not make you a poacher, if it did most of us could be described as poachers. and the black and white thing is to show that its easier for most whites to get and own a firearm than a black person in africa. most of my friends in Africa own firearms for protection and hunting and have walls with electical wires around their homes and in gated communities. when I ask one of my african friends who we brought here to visit, what surprised her most she said she could see the front door on most of the houses. no wires or walls.
My initial post here pointed out the inconsistent info stated by the op from the news article.
Our posts have deviated from that.

Unfortunately you seem to think you have a better idea and understanding of rural Africans than someone who lives in rural Africa.
You have little to no actual understanding of the mentality, personality or education levels of rural Africans.

Case in point is as your example of the leopard outside your tent.
If that was a rural Africans home and he/she had the means, that leopard would’ve been dead in short order.
Your example of the lady chasing baboons with a catapult would have resulted in dead baboons if she had a means.
I can assure you that animals will lose out under your thoughts of more Africans being able to access firearms for security.

You did not shoot the leopard, that’s great, but why? You were educated and informed enough to make a decision that was in the best interest of the leopard. That rationale is not the same with a rural African.

I do not think I will be having any more input on this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you