Stormy Kromer anyone?

Amazingly enough, mine is also sub MOA (with 150 grn Rem core lockts no less!)

The first year I had it, I hunted with just open sights and at 75 yards I could do half inch groups from a bench. I thought that was pretty impressive for a full length stock. Then when I put a scope on it, it blew me away. They are great rifles and it's a shame they are no longer made. One of the best buys for a quality rifle there was.

I've had this rifle for about 13 years now and have taken a decent number of deer with it.
I wish I would have gotten another in the 6.5x55 Swede. I haven’t found a load it won’t shoot into an inch.

Mine always goes with me to the Dark Continent for those cold mornings on the bakkie

What are those little flap doodle things tied on in front? Are they supposed to decorate or do they have a function?

In high winds you untie them pull the flaps down under your chin and tie them. Keeps the hat on your head and your ears warm.

In high winds you untie them pull the flaps down under your chin and tie them. Keeps the hat on your head and your ears warm.
You don't even have to untie them. The band pulls down over about half of the ear without undoing it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.34.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.34.42 AM.png
    471.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.34.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.34.44 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
OK makes sense then! I couldn't see them serving a function in what we locally call cold weather, but for high winds in cool weather, seems reasonable.

I unfortunately inherited the old mans hat in March of 2020, Swarovski hat pin included. Wish I could make just one more hunt with him!

View attachment 416517

Cody, seeing that photo of your Dad with him holding a Bud Light, got me to wondering if you two were the inspiration for this commercial............

OK makes sense then! I couldn't see them serving a function in what we locally call cold weather, but for high winds in cool weather, seems reasonable.
Not letting out of this room that easily sir, behold:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 12.18.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 12.18.39 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 12.18.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-07 at 12.18.42 PM.png
    685 KB · Views: 43
Cody, seeing that photo of your Dad with him holding a Bud Light, got me to wondering if you two were the inspiration for this commercial............

Lol, my old man actually told me after am unsuccessful stalk on a huge bull in NM, we got back to the truck and opened a cold bud light. He said “son, I never liked any of you until I could drink beer with you”. Now that would have made a great bud light commercial! Lol

Was that a rapala hunting knife I saw on you backpack? I bought every one they had in that series of knives shaving sharp every one.
Indeed it is. I almost always keep a fixed blade attached to my packs. The The Rapala hunting knives are perfect for this imo, because they are nice and light weight and don't flop about when walking.

IMG_20210806_195024192.jpg

My Stormy is one of my "go to" caps in cold weather. The short bill is great for bowhunting. Extremely warm and breaks the bite of cold wind.

Indeed it is. I almost always keep a fixed blade attached to my packs. The The Rapala hunting knives are perfect for this imo, because they are nice and light weight and don't flop about when walking.

View attachment 417238
My favorite is the bird knife as I prefer a little shorter blade for field dressing and the longer for cutting up meat.

Not letting out of this room that easily sir, behold:

I have a Stormy Kromer Rancher cap. It is WARM! I can’t hardly stand it if the temp is above 0.

Have 2, a brown plaid that gets worn most of the winter, and a blaze. Although my blaze is nowhere near as bright as the ones in the pics. Kinda dull actually. If I ran into a warden that got out of bed wrong, he might say it isn't bright enough to meet Colorado requirements (yes, that is a real thing).
Both are warm enough to be a little too warm when hiking. I can't imagine needing that insulated Rancher model. If it's that cold, think I might just stay in the tent!

Here in NW MO we have times where they are needed. I own 3. 2 go with me on all western hunts. My wife used to give me a real hard time, that she had never seen anyone but me wear one, until we went to a horse sale in IA. There were more stormy Kromer hats than cowboy hats. Very functional, comfortable and warm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,