Stir crazy but still getting on with life

Standard Velocity

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
We’ve been cooped up for a few days now and doing our best to keep a safe distance from the rest of humanity. Torn over our normal routine of helping out at the in-laws house, we’re splitting up the duties to avoid exposing them to any unnecessary contact.

Seeing as I’ve never met a home improvement project that doesn’t seem more reasonable tomorrow, I elected to go to the hunt club and shoot guns instead of fixing the broken fence. Got to wring out my new deer rifle and am begging to warm to it, though the jury is still out.

The guy who runs the club was finishing up one hell of a stand replete with roof and staircase. Pretty darned peppy for a 74 year old retiree.

Another member was letting his little boys practice with their pellet guns and cause general mischief. They were gearing up to try their first turkey hunt tomorrow morning. They have one 410 between the two of them and the youngest promised to give me one turkey if he shoots two. He felt bad for me cause I told him what a pitiful turkey hunter I am.

There were more cow ants than I’ve ever seen so had the opportunity to show the kids one of the more fearsome creatures in our part of the country.

Our city is on the cusp of a big economic tailspin just like most everyone else but life is still getting on. People are having to adapt but life still goes on. Anyone out there witnessing normalcy?

Just got back to Canada 2 days ago from USA. 2 weeks mandatory quarantined. I'm okay with that. If you drive by please through a bottle of Scotch in the snowbank at my driveway. Stay safe and hunker down.

Reactions: WAB
Just got back to Canada 2 days ago from USA. 2 weeks mandatory quarantined. I'm okay with that. If you drive by please through a bottle of Scotch in the snowbank at my driveway. Stay safe and hunker down.
No wonder everyone north of the Mason Dixon Line is grumpy and rude. The San Gabriel Valley is so green it almost hurts the eyes. It was chilly and rainy this weekend (middle fifties - thought we would die), but we'll be in the low eighties by mid-week. I'll be sitting next to the pool, sipping a gin and tonic (working on that quinine) and thanking the good Lord every hour or so that I am not your or @BRICKBURN 's neighbor.

Glad you are home safe.

Canadians are never rude. Some of us are direct and to the point (Brickburn) and some of us don't suffer stupid (ME)

Canadians are never rude. Some of us are direct and to the point (Brickburn) and some of us don't suffer stupid (ME)

I’ve had very good interactions with Canadians. Those who are direct and don’t suffer fools are a-ok by me too.

We were hiking in Canada last year. The trail was narrow and muddy at one point. A family was coming towards us so we yielded for them to pass. The father said “Sorry, sorry” which we had come to recognize as a normal greeting in Canada. After passing us the gentleman said “I’m just kidding, we’re not sorry, we’re not Canadian”.

LOL Apparently we're being mimicked.

I had to come to terms with such when my health forced my early retirement. Thought it would literally drive me nuts. I watched the same in my father in the first few years of his retirement. However, I'll be in much worse shape if we lose cable TV and Internet access, especially with libraries closed except for ebook access.

Nothing normal in Kansas. School has been cancelled for the rest of the year and the stores are pretty much closed up, deer camp is 8 hours away but I might sneak down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross