AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Here are pictures of the new Number 2 Rowland Ward Steenbok posted by AH member Blueduiker in the photo gallery.

From Blueduiker...
New #2 Rowland Ward Steenbok I just mounted... measures 7 9/16 inches on the longest horn... only short 1/16 inch of running first with the current #1 Steenbok (which is coincidentally also pick up). It was a pick-up at Moordernaars Karoo in the Western Cape, South Africa. Jane Halse at Rowland Ward got all the measurements, but it will only make in the next publication. Also attached a few before pics.

Share with all of us your Steenbok pictures in this thread!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a awesome trophy!!!

That is ridiculous!

looks like a gemsbok!!!:D Very nice!!

Definitely a monster.

Some pics from Taxidermi Africa on Facebook. They mention 8 13/16 inches.

steenbok1.jpeg
steenbok2.jpeg
steenbok3.jpeg

Thanks Andries!

They mention the score for SCI...

Here is the Rowland Ward score for this Steenbok
Rowland Ward #1 Steenbok measures 7 5/8 inches - Michael Hayward (picked up)

Rowland Ward Steenbok Minimum is 4 1/2 inches

Very cool way to display the skull!

And I thought my 5-inch steenbok was big! Wow, that is a giant. It looks like a Vaal Rheebok.

And I thought my 5-inch steenbok was big! Wow, that is a giant. It looks like a Vaal Rheebok.

That was exactly my thought as well.

Don't go waiting for one of these to come running out. I'll be taking that 5 inch one when he steps out. :)

Where do you get these Steenbok? I hunted close to 40 when I was younger and I am yet to see one that makes the book, left alone a 5incher. Then this photo’s. LOL. The best spots today are around Colesberg and south west of it. Seen some nice 5-6 incher coming from this area the last 5 years. Best tip for big steenbuck is to hunt them on livestock farms where they control predators.

Where do you get these Steenbok? I hunted close to 40 when I was younger and I am yet to see one that makes the book, left alone a 5incher. Then this photo’s. LOL. The best spots today are around Colesberg and south west of it. Seen some nice 5-6 incher coming from this area the last 5 years. Best tip for big steenbuck is to hunt them on livestock farms where they control predators.

Thanks Andries.
That is just not fair; To tell me where they are hiding and I can't go.

Some pictures of Steenbok (also known as Steinbuck or Steinbok), enjoy! Please share your Steenbok pictures in this thread...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois