Statement: Zimbabwe Professional Hunters and Guides Association (ZPHGA)

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.11.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 11.11.54 AM.png

Attachments

• zphga statement.pdf
    549.3 KB · Views: 220
I find #2 to be particularly interesting.....

This statement echoes in some way the vibe towards foreign PHs here in Zambia too. The foreign PHs seem welcome enough but the authorities are tightening up the rules. This tightening of rules is being directed at all foreign workers really, not just PHs.

Unfortunately experience tells us that tightening of rules in Africa just opens the doors to corruption.

Interesting letter, and probably a necessary one.

But I'm wondering, how exactly did the deaths of Scott and Theunis "bring this problem to the fore"?

I was wondering the very same thing...

Some interesting thoughts, but just common sense in a lot ways. Most countries are running this way.

Interesting letter, and probably a necessary one.

But I'm wondering, how exactly did the deaths of Scott and Theunis "bring this problem to the fore"?

I was wondering the very same thing...

Read the list at the bottom numbers 1-7 and ask yourself that question again.

Based on the public knowledge of both events do you thik its at least a strong possibility that one or more of the laws/rules mentioned were broken?

I'm not sure how someone getting eaten by a crocodile or trampled by an elephant relates to the rules discussed... even if those poor souls did happen to violate some of these.

I think it's in poor taste to reference the unfortunate deaths of some foreign professional hunters to promote rules as critically important as where your vehicle is registered?!

To the ZPHGA, I'd say feel free to publish a press release of the various rules and regulations important to your organization, but maybe don't use these recent deaths as your justification.

If I'm missing the point, please let me know.

I'm not sure how someone getting eaten by a crocodile or trampled by an elephant relates to the rules discussed... even if those poor souls did happen to violate some of these.

I think it's in poor taste to reference the unfortunate deaths of some foreign professional hunters to promote rules as critically important as where your vehicle is registered?!

To the ZPHGA, I'd say feel free to publish a press release of the various rules and regulations important to your organization, but maybe don't use these recent deaths as your justification.

If I'm missing the point, please let me know.

+1

I think this is about economics and not safety. They want their licensees to get the $ not a foreign PH. If they don't protect these economic interests then their authority is eroded. But, this is a legitimate concern, and they should be up front about it. It's a trade barrier like any other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross