TNDave

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, NWTF
Hunted
USA, RSA
Four of us are are booked to leave May 21 and it has been a nightmare. We had originally booked with Delta over six months ago and when they kept canceling flights we all requested a refund and at the time Emirates was looking pretty good. Well, today Emirates has pushed out there cancellations until April 22 which is cutting it a little close so we have all requested a refund. So now we are scrambling and hoping we can book Qatar which we know is flying to RSA as some of our friends are flying out tomorrow. Our whole group is fully vaccinated and this has been a crazy year. Just hoping that we don’t get pushed out to next year...I’m getting too old for this crap :A Wheelchair:

Sorry Dave. I imagine its stressful ! Hopefully it will work out for you !

Good luck with your Qatar flight. We're leaving May 13 and all looks good. Were booked with Qatar last year and they hung in longer than any other carrier before cancelling ll flights to RSA.

Four of us are are booked to leave May 21 and it has been a nightmare. We had originally booked with Delta over six months ago and when they kept canceling flights we all requested a refund and at the time Emirates was looking pretty good. Well, today Emirates has pushed out there cancellations until April 22 which is cutting it a little close so we have all requested a refund. So now we are scrambling and hoping we can book Qatar which we know is flying to RSA as some of our friends are flying out tomorrow. Our whole group is fully vaccinated and this has been a crazy year. Just hoping that we don’t get pushed out to next year...I’m getting too old for this crap :A Wheelchair:
I will keep my fingers crossed for your group.

I understand, my trip has been booked, cancelled, rebooked, and changed I don’t remember how many times at this point. We are wheels up Wednesday and fingers crossed it’ll happen. We are flying Ethiopian Airlines to Namibia. I gave up on RSA after the umteenth cancellation for one reason or another.

I understand, my trip has been booked, cancelled, rebooked, and changed I don’t remember how many times at this point. We are wheels up Wednesday and fingers crossed it’ll happen. We are flying Ethiopian Airlines to Namibia. I gave up on RSA after the umteenth cancellation for one reason or another.
I thought u was leaving last week. Lol

I still want to come visit for some fishing. Possibly hunting.
I never heard back from you.
Holly smokes buddy, I’m so sorry. I’ve been admittedly a bit distracted. I believe I have your info in a pm. I’ll give you a shout tomorrow. Between trying to get everything done around the house and office to leave and my head being in the clouds I dropped the ball. I’m very sorry.

Holly smokes buddy, I’m so sorry. I’ve been admittedly a bit distracted. I believe I have your info in a pm. I’ll give you a shout tomorrow. Between trying to get everything done around the house and office to leave and my head being in the clouds I dropped the ball. I’m very sorry.
No worries. I was looking to come in November. Have a great trip. Get back to me when u can.

I'm in the same case. Supposed to leave in June. But it looks like the EU will not yet permit travel outside of the EU by then... Third time I have rebooked, really do not want to rebook again, but might have no choice... quite bummed right now.

Emirates is flying and Zimbabwe is open for business. I’ve been there 3 times now during “the covid era“ and had no issues. The anguish you’re experiencing is largely because of RSA as your choice of destination. If you’re willing to land one country north you’d be fine.

Emirates is flying and Zimbabwe is open for business. I’ve been there 3 times now during “the covid era“ and had no issues. The anguish you’re experiencing is largely because of RSA as your choice of destination. If you’re willing to land one country north you’d be fine.
Was this addressed to me @rookhawk or to the OP? If for me, it is because of interdiction by Belgian government of any unnecessary travel. For the moment not even to neighboring countries, unless a specific and pressing reason can be given. They might be opening up to other EU countries in a few weeks, but for the moment, no news on travel outside the EU.

Was this addressed to me @rookhawk or to the OP? If for me, it is because of interdiction by Belgian government of any unnecessary travel. For the moment not even to neighboring countries, unless a specific and pressing reason can be given. They might be opening up to other EU countries in a few weeks, but for the moment, no news on travel outside the EU.
We are getting a bit worried about our trip to Austria in October. The EU seems almost paralyzed at the moment, and the pace of vaccination is glacial. Obviously, we haven’t yet even purchased tickets.

We are getting a bit worried about our trip to Austria in October. The EU seems almost paralyzed at the moment, and the pace of vaccination is glacial. Obviously, we haven’t yet even purchased tickets.
Indeed, to describe the vaccination progress on (continental) Europe as glacial, is putting it mildly...
To my experience, rebooking tickets has not been an issue so far. I suppose for US airlines this would be the same?

Your goal is to visit Ferlach in Austria I suppose? An early Christmas present perhaps? ;)

I am starting to get concerned about New Years in Rome. It seems ridiculous, but they seem to be making zero progress.

Indeed, to describe the vaccination progress on (continental) Europe as glacial, is putting it mildly...
To my experience, rebooking tickets has not been an issue so far. I suppose for US airlines this would be the same?

Your goal is to visit Ferlach in Austria I suppose? An early Christmas present perhaps? ;)
Not this time, but will be doing three days of hunting Chamois while my bride pillages the local villages. We are then headed over to Budapest and area for a week before heading home. Just don't want to get those tickets until aircraft and routes are actually ready.

Not this time, but will be doing three days of hunting Chamois while my bride pillages the local villages. We are then headed over to Budapest and area for a week before heading home. Just don't want to get those tickets until aircraft and routes are actually ready.

Great, the chamois hunting might be the bargain of the trip then :p

Budapest is really beautiful, been there 5 times already. Apart from the known tourist stuff, the castle, the spa’s, etc the CIC HQ is also there, nice place to visit. A very good friend of mine is the communication manager there.

Ive seen pics of the 20ft long sturgeon in the Danube. That would be awesome to experience that fight !
Have a great time !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross