Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC; DSCOK
Hunted
Oklahoma, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, South Africa (Limpopo, Northern Cape), Namibia
15 DSC members from all over the state and DSC's Kim Rappleye met June 20th, 2018 and started the groundwork to begin an Oklahoma chapter of DSC.
We have scheduled a follow up meeting next Thursday, June 28th, 2018 at 7PM at H&H Shooting Sports in OKC to continue the process with selecting board members to help our officers and begin the founding of this chapter.
I know there are many fellow Okies on this great site and we would like to invite all who are interested to attend. You do not have to be a current DSC member to attend, just have a desire to help promote hunting and conservation and show up.
Thank you,
Mickey Adcox

This is a great opportunity for those of us who love hunting Africa and elsewhere to get involved. Our involvement will help ensure that future generations have the ability to have the same hunting adventures that we have been fortunate enough to experience. Look forward to this being an enjoyable and fruitful endeavor. Let's make the Oklahoma chapter a true success.

Great news! Best of luck with the startup to all!

Good for you guys. I hope you are able to make a go of it.

Great idea. If it was a weekend night, I would be there. Good luck!

Meeting to found chapter is tomorrow night- Thursday, June 28th. H&H Shooting Sports, OKC.
Would enjoy anyone from AH that is interested and able to attend.

Last nights meeting went very well and we are off and running. We are getting the charter submitted to DSC for approval of our new chapter before their July meeting and formed our board and confirmed officers last night. I would like to thank @K-man and @Wheels for attending and supporting the founding of Oklahoma's chapter. I hope fellow AH members from the state will continue to add to the membership and this will become another great place for friends and fellow hunters to gather and share experiences and come together over our shared passions.

I hear lots of good about DSC, good luck with the chapter.

One close to me for New England, but other than a few re tweets of the "home office"and a once a year banquet, don't seem to be very active and didn't get a response. Maybe take that into consideration moving forward.

Last nights meeting went very well and we are off and running. We are getting the charter submitted to DSC for approval of our new chapter before their July meeting and formed our board and confirmed officers last night. I would like to thank @K-man and @Wheels for attending and supporting the founding of Oklahoma's chapter. I hope fellow AH members from the state will continue to add to the membership and this will become another great place for friends and fellow hunters to gather and share experiences and come together over our shared passions.

“I would not want to be part of a club that would have me as a member” Groucho Marx.

Thanks to all that are involved in getting this started!

Hopefully we can serve our part in conservation and support the sport we love.

“I would not want to be part of a club that would have me as a member” Groucho Marx.

You should be Prez!

Nothing important about me, but they would be wise to take my wife’s joking offer to run it. She’s the organizer.

After you left they decided to make our membership provisional....
made a whole new category just for guys like us...

Well done gents!

Oklahoma now has its own chapter of Dallas Safari Club- DSC Oklahoma, Inc.

With the help of Kim Rappleye and a good number of Oklahoma DSC members a chapter was started and the charter approved at DSC's July meeting.

We are beginning to schedule quarterly member's meetings now, starting with our first open meeting September 26, 2018 at 7PM. The meeting will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn, 801 S Meridian Ave., OKC, OK.

Mr. Dave Fulson of Tracks Across Africa TV series will be the speaker.

There are no extra requirements to be a member of the local chapter, just a one page membership application for our records and as long as you are a DSC member you are welcome to the Oklahoma chapter.

We are excited about beginning this new chapter and welcome all who share our passion for hunting and conservation.

I would love to have a huge group from AH involved, why not have members of the best hunting website help this take off.

We hope to see you there,

Mickey

Would be interested, but no way to get to OKC from Claremore on a week night. Can't wait to see the great things y'all do though.

Would be interested, but no way to get to OKC from Claremore on a week night. Can't wait to see the great things y'all do though.
We’ll keep you updated. Hopefully there will be some dates or locations that work.

Oklahoma now has its own chapter of Dallas Safari Club- DSC Oklahoma, Inc.

With the help of Kim Rappleye and a good number of Oklahoma DSC members a chapter was started and the charter approved at DSC's July meeting.

We are beginning to schedule quarterly member's meetings now, starting with our first open meeting September 26, 2018 at 7PM. The meeting will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn, 801 S Meridian Ave., OKC, OK.

Mr. Dave Fulson of Tracks Across Africa TV series will be the speaker.

There are no extra requirements to be a member of the local chapter, just a one page membership application for our records and as long as you are a DSC member you are welcome to the Oklahoma chapter.

We are excited about beginning this new chapter and welcome all who share our passion for hunting and conservation.

I would love to have a huge group from AH involved, why not have members of the best hunting website help this take off.

We hope to see you there,

Mickey
Great meeting tonight with Dave Fulson and his leopard hunting talk. Awesome videos and great information on an amazing animal and hunting experience. We had a good turnout and look forward to more great meetings like this one.

The date is set for our 1st ever Annual Banquet. We hope everyone who has shown interest in helping Oklahoma have its own DSC Chapter will attend and bring a friend.

MARCH 2nd, 2019 - 6:00 p.m.

Hidden Trails Country Club

6501 South Country Club Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73159

Hope to see you there,
Mickey Adcox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross