AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Been waiting to start my mounts from my trip last july. I was thinking I may send my animals to my SA taxidermist but after going over the hassle and extra money spent for shipping and paperwork. I decide if I could find someone I liked in Namibia I would just do it there. I had stopped in to a shop when there and let them know it could be dip/pack or they could be doing the work.

After some emails and feeling them out I feel good about using them. I picked Ingwe Wildlife Art to do my work. They started on my eland wall pedestal form and will now change it up some as I may have told them to many folds in the neck. They are going to remove some of the middle folds and shave down the leg some on this form. They will be starting on my kudu and oryx soon also.

The shop was super clean and the storage area was well kept up and stuff mark and tagged. Have answered all emails and have been great to work with as we get to the point of the work starting. I told them I will be adding animals this year after my next trip and will combo the orders up for shipping and they were all ok with that also.

The mounts in the shop were all nice and even there cats seemed way better then most in Africa and even some here in the states. The website is only avg. but they do keep up on facebook which is nice. I would tell anyone looking for a place to at least check them out as they are not to far from the airport so it is easy to stop in for a quick visit. In total I will be having an eland , kudu , oryx , mtn zebra , springbuck and two warthog skulls done.

IMG-20180226-WA0017.jpg

Hope it all works out the way you want it to. I look forward to seeing the results.

Namibia has so much to offer. Hopefully the quality of the taxidermy will match the quality of the hunting.

I am hoping for the same. I figured I would share the start to finish work again and then everyone can decide for themselves. I feel I have done my homework and I feel they have done all I have asked for so far. If it helps anyone great if not that is ok to I just like sharing the info I gather along the way.

Your right about the hunting in Namibia as it is hard to beat and I will remember tracking that eland bull down every time I look at the mount.

I like the form

Nice!

Fingers crossed for you Bill.

I have a shipment of Namibian trophies to mount, that are coming over to Australia for a client of mine. The tanning and skull prep is all by Ingwe. For my client's sake, I'm hoping for a much better outcome than the last Namibian taxidermist I used personally. Keep us posted!

Great looking Eland form.

Cheers
blacks

Your correct, simply hit google and search "Eland" pics, even big old mature bulls DONT has that many rolls.
It the problem with many eland mounts the skin of eland are very thick and when shaved for tanning they LET OUT and if you not proficient at taxiing skin when touting them you don't know where to put the extra skin to make it look real so most just add these rolls to make up for the LET OUT skin and there problem is solved, But the realism is lost.

I was very happy when I saw the form. He changed his standard form up some and is know changing my form some more to get what I want.

Fingers crossed for you Bill.

I have a shipment of Namibian trophies to mount, that are coming over to Australia for a client of mine. The tanning and skull prep is all by Ingwe. For my client's sake, I'm hoping for a much better outcome than the last Namibian taxidermist I used personally. Keep us posted!

Great looking Eland form.

Cheers
blacks

I hope all works out well for you and the client. I am feeling pretty good that I pick the right place. So far they have gone above and beyond to make me happy. Have been really easy to work with also.

Your correct, simply hit google and search "Eland" pics, even big old mature bulls DONT has that many rolls.
It the problem with many eland mounts the skin of eland are very thick and when shaved for tanning they LET OUT and if you not proficient at taxiing skin when touting them you don't know where to put the extra skin to make it look real so most just add these rolls to make up for the LET OUT skin and there problem is solved, But the realism is lost.

I agree but it was my fault he did what I asked for and now we will change it. It is crazy sometimes what makes me happy with a mount and I just like more rolls in the neck of an eland for some reason. I do know what you mean with the goggle eland pictures though. Thanks for the feedback though.

I agree but it was my fault he did what I asked for and now we will change it. It is crazy sometimes what makes me happy with a mount and I just like more rolls in the neck of an eland for some reason. I do know what you mean with the goggle eland pictures though. Thanks for the feedback though.

Did @billc and @The Artistry of Wildlife just agree on something?:E Eek:

I hope all the mounts turn out great for you Bill!

This is not my kudu but I am thinking this is the form I will do my kudu like.

IMG_0242 - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
I got some good news and some pictures to share. They are moving along nicely on my mounts and I am very happy so far.

Changes made to my eland like I asked and I am happy with them all. Zebra Picture coming soon. He also changed up the springbuck to how I like them done to show more body color. They are all in different stages but I think I made a great choice again with who I picked in Africa.

Eland.JPG
Eland 2.JPG
Eland 3.JPG
Oryx.JPG
Springbuck.JPG

I like the springbok wall pedestal pose, shows off the coat nicely! Will the eland be going on the wall or an a floor pedestal? I like the pose on the eland as well!

I like the springbok wall pedestal pose, shows off the coat nicely! Will the eland be going on the wall or an a floor pedestal? I like the pose on the eland as well!

This eland is a wall pedestal.

It looks nice, gives me an idea for my eland;)

That's why I like to post stuff. It may just help others make a plan for there stuff. I am very happy so far will seem them in person in july.

I like the springbuck bill. Nice! Now if I can just hit one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg