Stand On Game Farm In Limpopo (No Dwelling)

Jumbo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SAGA, SA Hunters
Hunted
RSA, Zim & Zambia
Hi guys, not strictly for hunting, but certainly bush related.
I have a stand on a 2000 plus hectare game farm in Limpopo.

Just to be clear this is NOT a hunting farm, but it has plenty game. This would make a great weekend spot for someone based in JHB/PTA. The farm is near vaalwater and has Impala, kudu, waterbuck, Nyala, giraffe, wildebeest, etc in quantity.

The farm has an airstrip and although the stand does not have a power connection (water is supplied) power is on the farm.

I am selling it as I have had it for years with partners and never done anything with it. Stand was bought for R 295k about 10 years back, but the best offer on here will secure it.

PM me with any questions, as I would enjoy for this to go to someone who would enjoy the bush there.

What is a "stand"?

I think he is implying that he owns a "Share".

I think he is implying that he owns a "Share".

I think so too.
A Bow stand would be much more interesting. (Although he did say it's not a hunting farm.)

Hi Jumbo,
Interesting post. I am not a potential buyer, but this does peak my curiosity. I hope you won't mind if I toss out a couple questions.
You have been very clear this is NOT a hunting farm, but has game in abundance. Is hunting allowed at all?
Would this be a purchase of your equity only? The other stake holders would remain? How many stake holders are there? Are they actively managing the property? Is revenue being derived from sale of game? Is culling taking place?
Any of these questions you are willing to answer would be great.
Thank you and my best wishes if your effort twill sell.
Dan

Good questions @IdaRam. It has water and electricity so that's a good start.

A stand usually means a piece of ground on which you can build a house.

Hi Jumbo,
Interesting post. I am not a potential buyer, but this does peak my curiosity. I hope you won't mind if I toss out a couple questions.
You have been very clear this is NOT a hunting farm, but has game in abundance. Is hunting allowed at all?
Would this be a purchase of your equity only? The other stake holders would remain? How many stake holders are there? Are they actively managing the property? Is revenue being derived from sale of game? Is culling taking place?
Any of these questions you are willing to answer would be great.
Thank you and my best wishes if your effort twill sell.
Dan

Hi Dan,

The farm has about 100 freehold stands on the farm (where an owner can build and own their own lodge), whilst your levies contribute to your portion of the communal farm running and common farm area.

There is active management and last year approx R500k profit was derived from the sale of the game captured. There is and will be NO HUNTING, but it is rather an eco estate for weekends away from the big smoke and to allow kids to grow up in the bush, without the cost and hassle of owning your own game farm.

I hope that answers some of the questions.

Regards,

Jumbo

I think so too.
A Bow stand would be much more interesting. (Although he did say it's not a hunting farm.)

Yeah yeah............a bow stand would be great, but this one really is more for the pleasure of being in the bush, without the crazy costs and admin of owning your own game farm.

Thank you Jumbo, that answers my questions perfectly. I understand now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElvisHertz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!