SSK Encore & Contender Barrels For Sale 416 Taylor & 375 JDJ

contender85

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Member, SCI
Going through my stuff and thinning it out so I have a few barrels and die sets for sale, Not interested in any LowBall offers or Trades
Stainless SSK 416 Taylor with SSK brake, 15-1/2" overall length, has 6srew 1/4 rib Tsob base with 3 Burris zee rings, base is scuffed up a bit from the rings, custom forend with 3 screws, RCBS 416Taylor FL die set and 50 pcs brass 40 are new 10 have been fired, another that I bought used and have never fired, I'm sure it would be fun to shoot but I haven't shot any of my T/C's in a few years so I am selling them off. I have 50 LBT 350gr LFN-GC bullets (not pictured) that I will send along to get you started.
$495 shipped/insured to US address
VN8ctF.jpg
5oUNkc.jpg
DBuLbr.jpg
HMRCtv.jpg
l9DxJR.jpg
oBX6CD.jpg
vg4xzC.jpg
VN8ctF.jpg
WAqmt6.jpg
YHCQoC.jpg

Here is a real nice SSK Custom 375 JDJ Contender barrel for sale,
Barrel is 14" long, has 4 port Mag Na Porting, SSK Krome finish, Full Length Vent Rib TSob mount with 3 rings, also includes the Pachmayr forend and hanger bar as shown, Hornady 375JDJ die set and 60 pcs of fired brass formed from 444 Marlin.....I will punch out the live primers prior to shipping
I bought this barrel used a few years ago and have never fired it so it may as well go to a new owner, it has normal frame/forend and light handling marks, the brass came with the barrel so I am unsure of how many times it's been fired, dies have a few plier/wrench marks and exterior stains but insides are in great shape.
$475 shipped/insured to US address.

Any questions, Please ask.
I prefer a USPS money order or Zelle but will accept a personal check as well.
Mark
4U9isy.jpg
24ZagO.jpg
EirxuG.jpg
epa0dz.jpg
iTk9PQ.jpg
KAHvCE.jpg
vyoYpr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!

I think I am going to hang onto these for now, thanks for looking.
Mark

Mark, would really be interested in the 375JDJ if you change your mind and decide to sell. It looks super nice and well taken care of. Jim V

Mark, would really be interested in the 375JDJ if you change your mind and decide to sell. It looks super nice and well taken care of. Jim V

Jim, sent you a PM

375 JDJ sold to Jim V, thanks Jim!
If anyone is interested in the 416 package I will sell it, still haven’t done anything with it.
Mark

A day late and dollar short... Jim V., if you have never shot a 375JDJ, you love this round. FYI, in the future if ever decide to the sell/trade the dies or need some extra brass, shoot me a PM.
Contender85, you said you never shot the 417 Taylor? I ask this because I was wondering what the recoil was like?

Mark, sent a message to you about 416 Taylor.

Mike

i,m running .375 hornady 220gr flatpoint at 2300+ fps with imr 4895 with no signs of pressure, i,m sure i could load heavier. but it puts three into 1.1/4" groups at a hundred yards.

DSCN0821.JPG
DSCN0822.JPG
DSCN0823.JPG

I just asked my hands if they would like to shoot a 416 Taylor in a pistol. They both told me they would leave me if I did it.

There is a technique to shooting these type of cartridges in a pistol that needs to be learned.

And while the recoil is quite stiff it really isn't that bad considering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rugermagnum

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,