SportEAR GhostStryke electronic ear plugs?

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
has any one tried these ear plugs? are they any good?

I need some noise canceling ear plugs for my upcoming hunt but would like to keep the price at $500 or less. other suggestions would be welcome.

thank you
-matt

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, i just took a look at those etymotic ear plugs but it says they only reduce sound by 15db. that might be ok for the occaisional shot such as in hunting but id like to also use these at the gun range. id probably need at least 25db reduction to deal with jerks using muzzle breaks.

-matt

Yes, I've seen this before. Keep in mind, that it all depends on the frequency of the sound. Onc may say 30db but at what frequency? I've had no problem with mine on the range as they behave just like foam plugs when the electronics are "cut off" on muzzle blast.

In regard to your SportEar options, I've used the old Sonic II style plugs on both my RSA trips. They aren't electronic but have baffles that shut closed on a sound impulse. They've worked out just fine for me. SportEar seems to have their own version, http://sportear.com/shop/ear-plugs/plugz-pro/

Yes, I've seen this before. Keep in mind, that it all depends on the frequency of the sound. Onc may say 30db but at what frequency? I've had no problem with mine on the range as they behave just like foam plugs when the electronics are "cut off" on muzzle blast.

you'll have to forgive my ignorance, if bullets don't come out of it then it usually baffles me. :confused:

I went ahead and orderd the SportEAR GhostStryke from opticsplanet. so far the only bad review ive found is from people who couldn't get them to fit properly. Ill test them out at the range and if they don't cut it, ill send em back and try the ones you suggested.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg