Spirit animal

MS 9x56

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
While answering another post I got to thinking of my great grandmother, a full blooded Onondaga Indian. When I was very young we used to go visit her on the reservation near Syracuse NY. When I was in my 40's we had a pair of albino sibling deer that lived in our vicinity. One was a doe and one was a 6 point buck. I was hunting down behind my house in November when the doe came ghosting through the woods 50 yards in front of me. I put the crosshairs on her chest thinking what a beautiful full body mount she would make. I moved my finger to the trigger and I swear I heard my great grandmother whisper in my ear "bad medicine to shoot the ghost deer". I moved my finger off the trigger and sat there shivering. Funny what you think of when out in God's country.

I'm not a religious guy, but have always thought that indigenous people on all the world's continents, especially here in America, had a better handle on what to hold sacred: the earth, the sun and moon, the wind and rain and the animals in the field. Your grandmother was in touch with all of that and I would listen to her advice as well.

Everyone here has a Dreaming, usually an animal but not always. Praying mantis, whirly-whirly, bernuk (bustard), mosquito, goanna, snake, etc. Most people can’t eat their Dreaming, which is unfortunate for them if it’s a delicacy like bernuk. If they do, they get sick.

This thread reminds me of a movie "The emerald forest", Powers Boothe, 1985. In this movie, a main chacracter dedicated his life to find his son, lost as kid in Amazon Jungle.
During the movie he finds his spirit animal being jaguar.

From google, defintion:
In certain spiritual traditions or cultures, spirit animal refers to a spirit which helps guide or protect a person on a journey and whose characteristics that person shares or embodies. It is also metaphor, often humorous, for someone or something a person relates to or admires.

If any of the forum members wish to find his spiritual animal, just search the google - you can find various questionnaires and after you answer the questions you will know what is your spiritual animal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcdowall

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!