AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
There are 5 antilopes in CAR with spiral horns, 4 of them are huntable: Lord Derby Eland, Bongo, Western Sitatunga and Harnessed Bushbuck. The western Kudu is living in unsafe area. Last season I was lucky and unlucky to bag all of them but not with the hunter, quite a challenge.

watermark.php

Anyone got this slam in CAR or another country, for example in SA with, Kudu, Nyala, Eland, Bushbuck ??
Let's talk about spiral horns family, species, area, behavior, trophy...

Enjoy the post
Christophe

Last edited by a moderator:
I love your pictures Christophe, I really like your website, the pictures are fantastic!

I completed the slam of East Cape kudu, Greater Southern Kudu, Cape bushbuck, nyala and Cape Eland last year in South Africa....can't wait to see the mounts.

Was the Western Sitatunga the hardest to get?

enysse;bt23 said:
I love your pictures Christophe, I really like your website, the pictures are fantastic!

I completed the slam of East Cape kudu, Greater Southern Kudu, Cape bushbuck, nyala and Cape Eland last year in South Africa....can't wait to see the mounts.

Was the Western Sitatunga the hardest to get?

Well done Enysse, that is a very good slam, how many hunts to get them? you should go back to SA for Limpopo bushbuck now !!
Yes you right, the western sitatunga is the hardest to get. Because they are not many, they are very shy, they live in "shit" place, swamp and papyrus where you can't go through. Sometimes you can see them on the edge (like the one on the picture, we found him feeding on the edge of the swamp early morning) otherwise we hunt them from a machan.

watermark.php

I think all the countries where they are huntable they are difficult to get.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to come back sometime for the limpopo bushbuck. I think the bushbuck, if one of the most underrated trophies of Africa....very beautiful! I would love to get one of bushbucks located in the north...like the harnessed bushbuck...One day who knows, I know Benin is a more affordable option for me.

I forgot to reply, I did mine in one trip, saves on airfare, taxidermy and shipping costs. Plus, if your in Africa and have the vacation...why not stay a while :).

I have been in the hunting business for 40 plus years, hunted most all of Africa, shot many African animals and an unheard of amount of buffalo and I have not accomplished such a feat as you describle. I congratulate you and you are one lucky man. Job well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois