Speer 270gr 375

Clodo Ferreira

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hi Papabear,

I have used the 270 gr Hornady Spire Point since 1993 as my primary bullet for big Red Deer and Wild boar, A LOT!!, and tried in expansion medium the 270 Speer BT. They behave almost identical. So, I would use the Speer with total confidence!! More, would be one of the best for your intended use!
Good luck!

CF

WAB

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
It’s a very good bullet for your intended use. I wouldn’t use it on big bear or buffalo.

shotgungibbs

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Benefactor Member, Ohio Gun Collectors Life Member, Safari Club International
Hunted
South Africa, Ohio, Kentucky, Alabama, Colorado , Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Canada
I used Winchester 270 grain Power Points in .375 H&H factory load years ago on a bull elk. It worked just fine. I can't imagine your load won't work fine as well.

Lungshot202

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SA, CO, AZ
I have used the Double Tap 270 TSX load on elk, lion, springbuck, Oryx to name a few and it worked great. At ranges to 450 yards
It is now my general go to 375 H&H factory load. Reasonable in price for a factory load.

Tom Leoni

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Africa, Canada, Europe
I've used nothing else in my .375. Everything I hit with it--big and small--falls. I would not hesitate using it on any game my PH recommends--he would know best.

Here it is recovered from eland (200 yard shot).

1658242961653.png

Woodcarver

Bronze supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Benefactor Life, Ducks Unlimited Life, RMEF Life, NAHC Life
Hunted
USA (CO, KS, TX, WA, AZ, TN), Alberta, Canada
All three 375s keep the Speer 270s under an inch at 100yd, often cloverleafed. The 270gr Speers do a pretty spectacular job on prairie dogs out to 180yds as does the 300gr Oryx :D. Haven't had a chance yet to test drive on anything bigger, but I've used Speer bullets in other calibers and had great performance and expect the same results with the 375.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sathdisoza345

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nevada Mike wrote on qmrp2567's profile.
375 H&H brass...

I'd like to have them. $125 for the 100 cases, don't want the smashed ones.

I am in Sonoita, AZ

Mike
We cannot wait to share in some amazing adventures with everyone in 2023 again! Please don't hesitate to message us for a quote, customized safari or even just a chat! #HuntBaylySippel
BLJC30 wrote on Tgood1's profile.
I seen a post saying that you do taxidermy in WV. Where are you located in WV and do you have a price list?
I'm going on my first safari in June.
SteveSac wrote on mdwest's profile.
Hey There,

Im looking to book my first African Safari for 2024 for my 40th birthday. I've never hunted Africa before, but was going to head to SA with my wife for a week then see her off and then stay and hunt.

Saw your safari come up as a recommendation and wondering if you had any time to chat.
Thanks!
Steve
ofbiro wrote on Theleatherman's profile.
Hi Theleatherman, I attach two price lists, one in English, one in Italian, because several words of the language used by the agent are very difficult to understand. If you get in touch with Laszlo Keresztes (owner/manager) tell him that you got the name from Paolo Sinha, italian hunter.
Suerte!