bulletsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana
We have a great area in Tanzania for the rare Northern Species animals.
This year is a little slow in this department and there must be a few hunters frequenting AH that need these animals! This is a chance to hunt Masailand Species at basically a buffalo hunting daily rate. I feel the price below is a good one but I will accept any reasonable offer to fill this spot.

plains012.JPG

Northern Species Hunt:
14 days @ 1,500 = 21,000
Gov lic = 4,900
Necessary extras = 1,650 (one gun, gov tax, airport handling)
Camp transfer R/T = 500

Total Hunt = 28,050 + transfer trophy fees and international travel

Trophy Fees:
Lesser Kudu = 3,600
Grants Gazelle = 750
Thomsons Gazelle = 750
East African Impala = 500
W Bearded Wildebeest = 850
Buffalo = 2,750
Hyena = 750
other animals may be hunted on this safari - other dangerous game may be taken on an opportunity/surcharge basis.

Thanks guys - I appreciate the support and sharing of this information with other hunters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trophy fees are reasonable, daily rate is I suppose typical for Tan nowadays, but those expensive govt fees and taxes kill it for many. Unfortunate.

Trophy fees are reasonable, daily rate is I suppose typical for Tan nowadays, but those expensive govt fees and taxes kill it for many. Unfortunate.

Thanks for the reply - you are correct and I understand. I see from your profile that you have hunted TZ. I do wish to outline a few things that may be relevant to some when deciding on a hunt like this (general info here and not meant to combat your accurate statement). You couldn't be more correct in the 'unfortunate' comment! TZ is great place that I wish all hunters could experience. I thought this was a good chance to expand on the costs and benefits of TZ.

It really adds up to about the same cost in the long run - just a personal preference on where/how to hunt and where/how to spend the hard earned hunting nest egg!

The fees in TZ can be a little confusing, and at best can make folks shy away as they can add up quickly. I notice there is an industry connotation that "TZ is just too expensive" and I do not always agree. I guess its all relative and depends on the individual.
I tried to outlined the basics of how it goes in TZ. It may be the right choice for some - it is high but you stand to gain greatly in experience and animals there.

In TZ the animal trophy fees and the License and the extras are basically straight to the government (depending on the outfit you will see some variation with different operational costs and levies for community or antipoaching efforts added in here but it is a small amount).
The daily rate money goes to pay the other government fees like the annual block fee per area (up to $60,000) and running the business (marketing, office, taxes...).
The daily rate must also cover a host of other things for the operation of the safari - this is a sizable cost when operating in wilderness areas (vehicles, equipment, diesel, staff, food, communications, PH and so on).
What remains is for the company.

When it all adds up it may exclude some hunters. It does get expensive, and that's even before you add up the airfare to East Africa (about 800$ more than typical RSA flights).

Now the bright side...I feel a hunter that is willing to invest in the initial higher cost hunt does stand to come out slightly ahead in TZ.
This hunt above for instance:
a hunter will spend about 40,000 on this hunt if he takes the allocated game.
He will get to take all of these animals in their natural habitat in the wild.
He will take a general bag of plains game, a buffalo, and then the specialized Northern Species game (could be seen as 3 safaris in one).
If you work the value of the hunt/animals backward and compare it to other countries it all comes out to the about the same money. You'd basically spend $10,000 for a general plains game hunt in RSA, then average $15,000 for a buffalo, then value the rare species at a $25,000 hunt. From this perspective the higher TZ fees start to become justifiable.

TZ will never be the cheapest option but the value and quality is there.

Hello Nathan. Time frame of hunt? Are there better times if the year to hunt to increase chances at Lesser kudu? (Spiral horn slam ambitions). Uganda trip last year with Christian Weth for Sitataunga. Saw many bulls and took a very old one with an exceptional horn configuration. Sounds like a good opportunity to add another species. Thanks for your time and consideration. TG

Nathan thank you for the detailed explanation. It really helps to understand the whole deal.

Hello Nathan. Time frame of hunt? Are there better times if the year to hunt to increase chances at Lesser kudu? (Spiral horn slam ambitions). Uganda trip last year with Christian Weth for Sitataunga. Saw many bulls and took a very old one with an exceptional horn configuration. Sounds like a good opportunity to add another species. Thanks for your time and consideration. TG

Hello TG - thanks for the interest and your questions.
This area has many and good quality lesser kudu and I am confident that you will get the trophy you want. I would love to see a picture of your Sitataunga as well.
The time of year is not as important with Lesser Kudu as other species. they are adapted to dry land environments and hold steady populations regardless of other game movement due to the rains/new grass.
I would like to see you hunt in July or August if possible. I have some dates available then and would like to run them past you when you have time; the other animals are plentiful at this time as well.
What other animals would be tops on your list for this hunt? The Grants Gazelle is one of my favorite animals and native to this ecosystem and will be on your license as well.
You are welcome to email me or phone and we can discuss more details about the hunt and the area. Looking forward to hearing from you - Nathan

Nathan, Thanks for the information. To hunt Masaisland would be an incredible experience. The published game list is an exceptional collection for the area. Is the fringe-eared oryx , and or Kirks dik-dik available? My July through December work schedule will be out Monday so I will call or private message you once in hand. Thanks again, Tom.

Nathan, Thanks for the information. To hunt Masaisland would be an incredible experience. The published game list is an exceptional collection for the area. Is the fringe-eared oryx , and or Kirks dik-dik available? My July through December work schedule will be out Monday so I will call or private message you once in hand. Thanks again, Tom.
Thanks Tom - I am in the office this week then its off to the field again. Please get in touch as soon as you can - feel free to phone me.
Fringe eared oryx are there and on quota and you can take one - but they are not easy, I say just better than 50/50 on taking one.
Kirks DikDik are available.
everything else should be a slam dunk.

Hi Nathan,

Very nice package, that you are presenting.

Like you say many, specialty trophy.

It's an incredible hunt offer. I've heard the cape buffalo hunting there is nothing short of amazing. Good Luck, marketing it.

hi guys - just updating this post with the results from the hunt above! if anyone is ready for Grants, Tommys, lessor kudu, big buffalo, and other Northern Species I would be happy to help and could probably be talked ino the same price as last year...we will call it a preseason special!
SAM_1561.JPG
SAM_1574.JPG
SAM_1583.JPG
SAM_1592.JPG
SAM_1598.JPG
SAM_1608.JPG

Attachments

• SAM_1561.JPG
    SAM_1561.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 203
  • SAM_1583.JPG
    SAM_1583.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 162
  • SAM_1598.JPG
    SAM_1598.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 243
  • SAM_1609.JPG
    SAM_1609.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 190
wonderful trophies, what a great hunt

Beautiful trophies! Would love to do this someday. lesser kudu and Grants are awesome looking animals!

Awesome Trophies. Forrest

I think it might be worth it just for the kudu, what a beautiful animal!!!

Thanks Tom - I am in the office this week then its off to the field again. Please get in touch as soon as you can - feel free to phone me.
Fringe eared oryx are there and on quota and you can take one - but they are not easy, I say just better than 50/50 on taking one.
Kirks DikDik are available.
everything else should be a slam dunk.
Hi Nathan,
I have hunted the Maasailand area way back in 2005... managed to get lesser kudu, buff x 3, grants, fringe eared oryx, leopard... NO tommies... no lion although had many young males and lionesses harassing us. Then went down to the Selous for the remaining 11 x days of the 21 x day safari and had a great hunt.. hippo, croc, lion, wore my boots out after elephant ( no shooters)
A LOT of day fees to pay to gather in the "missing" trophies... dik - dik, Tommy, w bearded gnu and of course will ALWAYS hunt buff on quota. Maybe we can work something out for 2016, after Aug..?? I live in South Africa and would take 2 x rifles... are you saying in your quote that 1 x rifle is 1650, so then 2 x rifles is 3300?? Seems OUTRAGEOUS and I never paid those fees when I went in 2005, that's for sure!!
An interesting fact is that I paid $1000,00 for buffalo then and lion/ leopard were $ 2750,00 each... REAL bargain times and I made the most of it for sure!!

Bruce

Hi Bruce, thanks for the interest in the hunt. Sounds like you had a great hunt in 2005! I will be happy to work with you on a hunt in 2016 and with your requirements on trophies it will be cheaper than the above mentioned hunt - I will do the best I can. Prices have jumped up a lot since then but I will work with you.

Importation of one gun is not $1650, that would be a little steep!

Necessary extras = 1,650 (one gun, gov tax, airport handling)
- this charge is several small charges grouped together which include one gun itemized at $250 airport handling, ground transportation in town, government trophy tax on a 21 day hunt and a few other small fees. we allow additional guns to be imported at $250 per gun. I call this charge 'necessary extras' because they are needed to effectively hunt and I try to keep the Tanzania prices as simple as possible for easy of marketing.

We do have space after August for you. The animals you mentioned we can definitely do in that area. Can you give me a full list of species you would like to take and then of course the other animals like buffalo ect that you wouldn't pass up - I can work out a quote for you then. Could you email it to my attention at: nathan@bulletsafaris.com please?

thanks - I hope we can work out this hunt for you. Contact me with any question or to talk in the meantime.

This is a great Offer! and Trophy fee are great.

Governments in Africa are killing the "Golden goose" By trying to make a buck are loosing thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois