Spartan Pro Tac Bipod

Paul G

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia, RSA
I have one Spartan Pro Tac Rifle Bipod asking 300 shipped.

20220421_092907.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks. I just need a little time to find it out how to install it on my blaser r8 jager with wood stock.

Blaser makes essentially the same bipod, but it is about $600! The Blaser foreend on the synthetic stock needs to be swapped out with one with recessed hole and magnet. I have and use the Blaser bipod and it works. I keep it in my pocket when hunting in NA, it is small enough and quick enough for rapid deployment. I’m pleased with the function. A normal Harris bipod weighs close to a pound or more. This one is only a few ounces.

I haven’t had the need to use it in africa.

I dislike the barrel-heavy weight a heavy bipod puts on the rifle when carrying it over my shoulder. This system makes hiking long distances much easier.

note: it should be orange, so you don’t worry about setting it down.

Blaser makes essentially the same bipod, but it is about $600! The Blaser foreend on the synthetic stock needs to be swapped out with one with recessed hole and magnet. I have and use the Blaser bipod and it works. I keep it in my pocket when hunting in NA, it is small enough and quick enough for rapid deployment. I’m pleased with the function. A normal Harris bipod weighs close to a pound or more. This one is only a few ounces.

I dislike the barrel-heavy weight a heavy bipod puts on the rifle when carrying it over my shoulder. This system makes hiking long distances much easier.

Blaser doesn't make it, they buy them from Spartan.

For I know you still can install it to the front of the blaser r8 forend with a adapter but I couldn't sure which one at this moment. Please see this link from tier-one-usa.com:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 7.39.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 7.39.28 AM.png
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 7.39.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 7.39.31 AM.png
    945.7 KB · Views: 47
As a heads up, I've been advised that the Blaser branded Javelin bipod has a larger diameter stud at the top. I was told if you try to use a standard Javelin bipod in the Blaser made R8 foreend that there will be excessive wobble. This was from a dealer who could easily have just sold me the Blaser fore-end I was asking about, but he wanted to make sure I knew it wouldn't work with my Javelin.

So if you're looking for an adapter, be sure it works with the Javelin bipod you have (or are looking to get). Seems some only work with the Blaser branded Javelin bipods and some only work with regular Javelin branded Javelin bipods.

As a heads up, I've been advised that the Blaser branded Javelin bipod has a larger diameter stud at the top. I was told if you try to use a standard Javelin bipod in the Blaser made R8 foreend that there will be excessive wobble. This was from a dealer who could easily have just sold me the Blaser fore-end I was asking about, but he wanted to make sure I knew it wouldn't work with my Javelin.

So if you're looking for an adapter, be sure it works with the Javelin bipod you have (or are looking to get). Seems some only work with the Blaser branded Javelin bipods and some only work with regular Javelin branded Javelin bipods.
Thanks for the information, I'll research it to find it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross