Reaction score
Website
www.kwalata.com
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI Life Member, PHASA, IPHA, DSC Life Member.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
Louis Lategan (Melody safaris) was shot by one of his clients while hunting Busbuck a couple of days ago, the bullet passed through his arm and body, louis is doing well all of this considered and is strengthening in hospital.

Thought I would let everyone know.

My best

Please pass along my wish for a speedy recovery. I'm sure everyone on this forum does the same.

Thanks for letting us know Jaco.

I wish him a speedy recovery and feel for his family.

Sorry to hear this, any idea of how it happened Jaco, perhaps we can all learn from this
John

Sad to hear. Too much of this lately. Good to hear he will be alright.

Anyone know if he is related to Bennie Lategan? I hunted a bit on his place.

Bad news again, I hope he fully recovers .

Terrible, Hoping for a fast recovery.

Jaco

Tough news at best...

May he recover and continue on his desired path.

when information become available on how this tragedy occurred you you share with the rest of us.

Terrible news...

Seems to happening too often.

Lets hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Ady.

Terrible news. My wishes for a quick recover.

Sorry to hear another PH has been shot we wish him a full and speedy recovery. Bob

What is going on this year?!

Does anyone know if he is kin to Bennie Lategan????

Too often. In the last several years, one PH had his arm taken off below the elbow by a client following with a double rifle, another was shot through the shoulder/ upper chest (miracle he survived at all and has never fully recovered) by a well known Sportsman Channel personality during a buffalo charge, and one of my PH’s had half his hand shot away during a leopard charge a few weeks after our hunt by a client. Of course, most everyone knows the story of Boddington’s daughter shooting a tracker during another leopard charge. I am sure there are others.

A friend who regularly guides clients for dangerous game in Mozambique has often remarked there are always at least two dangerous animals involved in every stalk.

Hopefully he beat the shit out of the guy with his good arm before they took him to the hospital
I was at camp and thee was 3 Negligent discharges in 5 days by two clients
Wishing for a speedy recovery

I hope he recovers fully & lucky to be alive really !

I have had hunters committing AD's 10 & 10's of times, with holes blown in Blinds, Tents, Dinning Rooms, Roofs, floors, Hunting Vehicles & the ground next to me, even when told multiple times to watch their firearm handling/safety .

Been stabbed in the leg by a Bow Hunter & one of my guiding partners was stuck badly in the back by a Bow Hunter .

It is a very trying job at times !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you