South African Outfitter Reviews

PS3

Reaction score
Hello from Kansas. I am new to having an account on this website, but have been doing some reading for quite sometime. I am interested in a bow hunting safari that has a good chance at allowing me to take a kudu, gemsbok, impala, warthog and possibly other animals. A Kudu is definitely my number 1 target. I have never been to Africa so this is all very new to me. My question is has anyone recently been to any of the following outfitters and would be willing to share their experience? These places include African Arrow Safaris, Limcroma Safaris, Dries Visser, or Ken Moody Hunting Africa. Many of the posts I have read are 2+ years old and I have even had trouble contacting some of these outfitters. I am not sure if they are even still operating. Anyways thanks everyone for your time.

I'm booked for a Cape Buffalo hunt with Ken Moody Safaris in June. I've had great communications with Ken he's very responsive. All his references have checked out.

Hello from Kansas. I am new to having an account on this website, but have been doing some reading for quite sometime. I am interested in a bow hunting safari that has a good chance at allowing me to take a kudu, gemsbok, impala, warthog and possibly other animals. A Kudu is definitely my number 1 target. I have never been to Africa so this is all very new to me. My question is has anyone recently been to any of the following outfitters and would be willing to share their experience? These places include African Arrow Safaris, Limcroma Safaris, Dries Visser, or Ken Moody Hunting Africa. Many of the posts I have read are 2+ years old and I have even had trouble contacting some of these outfitters. I am not sure if they are even still operating. Anyways thanks everyone for your time.
Check out "Tholo Safaris" in Botswana.
Larger species without the pay per size racket on species.

Thank you for the helpful responses.

Welcome to the AH forum! There’s a number of bow hunters on here that will eventually check in.
Just a suggestion, but you might ask for some photos of the blinds they have set up. I suspect you will be mainly hunting waterholes with a bow and the blind setup can be quite critical.
Best of luck!

Welcome aboard! Along with the ones you're speaking with, check out the sponsors from South Africa on this forum, lots of really food ones!

Hunted twice with Motsomi in the Limpopo. Both great Hunts. Booked with Nick Bowker for this year. Both Outfitters respond quickly and are easy to work with.

I have shot 3 kudu in Namibia with a bow. The last was spot and stalk on a old bull! I would like to hunt them in Botswana some day Lord willing. Those three outfitters that you spoke of all should be great to hunt with but a little pricey. I think somewhere on this website there's a good write-up about African arrow safaris the writer goes in a great detail about his hunt. Bowhunting over there is insane good luck on your choices

............ Many of the posts I have read are 2+ years old and I have even had trouble contacting some of these outfitters. I am not sure if they are even still operating. Anyways thanks everyone for your time.

2020 did provide us with COVID. It has had some rather profound impact on the hunt reports.

What does "trouble contacting" mean?

Giday PS3 and welcome to the A H forums

2020 did provide us with COVID. It has had some rather profound impact on the hunt reports.

What does "trouble contacting" mean?
On a couple of these outfitters I have sent multiple emails to the address listed on their website. I have asked a few questions about the hunt, told them my target species, and asked for a price list. However I have not heard back from them. I am checking my spam/junk folder as well. With the time difference and long distance I haven’t tried calling them yet. I was hoping to have some general information before hand. As for the reports I figured COVID had a major impact on the number of hunters traveling. Thanks.

Welcome to the AH forum! There’s a number of bow hunters on here that will eventually check in.
Just a suggestion, but you might ask for some photos of the blinds they have set up. I suspect you will be mainly hunting waterholes with a bow and the blind setup can be quite critical.
Best of luck!
Good suggestion. I will include that in my research.

I have bowhunted with Hannes Els at Limcroma Safaris, and I would be happy to answer your questions or provide any details about my own experience. I have done quite a few outfitted bowhunts in several different countries, and in my experiences, Limcroma is one of the best. Their PHs or guides are all actually bowhunters themselves which is not always a given on a bowhunt. They know what they are doing and have a profound understanding of the small deals necessary to successfully accommodate bowhunters. The lodge and accommodations are first-class, and the quality of trophy game is exceptional. I cannot recommend Hannes' operation highly enough.

On a couple of these outfitters I have sent multiple emails to the address listed on their website. I have asked a few questions about the hunt, told them my target species, and asked for a price list. However I have not heard back from them. I am checking my spam/junk folder as well. With the time difference and long distance I haven’t tried calling them yet. I was hoping to have some general information before hand. As for the reports I figured COVID had a major impact on the number of hunters traveling. Thanks.

Hello @PS3 ,

Please feel free to contact me anytime with your questions or more detailed information. I am located in South Florida and always available to assist. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message, email, or call my personal cell anytime. It would be my sincere pleasure to chat with you and help in planning the ultimate bowhunting safari.

Regards, Dan Leahy
Limcroma Safaris USA Team Representative

Hello from Kansas. I am new to having an account on this website, but have been doing some reading for quite sometime. I am interested in a bow hunting safari that has a good chance at allowing me to take a kudu, gemsbok, impala, warthog and possibly other animals. A Kudu is definitely my number 1 target. I have never been to Africa so this is all very new to me. My question is has anyone recently been to any of the following outfitters and would be willing to share their experience?

My husband and I are both bow hunters and we had an incredible time with Limcroma Safaris a couple of years back. As already mentioned, Hannes Els runs a first class operation in every way. We would highly recommend them. We are planning a second safari with them for 2022. Send a private message if you like. I would be happy to share the details of our experience.

Welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg