South African lions eat 'poacher' leaving just his head

Lions Who Killed Poacher Claim He Was Armed
lion-3148346_1920.jpg

A pack of lions were being demonized on social media today for killing a man, until a new twist emerged which changed everything.

“He had a firearm.”

The lions, speaking through their attorney, announced they will assert self-defense if prosecuted, as they had a reasonable expectation that their lives were in danger.

“If we hadn’t acted decisively, we might not be here now.”

Their case is reportedly strengthened by corroborating evidence from a witness.

“We have an antelope who says she saw everything.”

More tricky for the lions’ defense team will be explaining why they ate the man afterwards.

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

I knew there was another side to this story... :D

Attachments

• lion-3148346_1920.jpg
    lion-3148346_1920.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 136
Lions Who Killed Poacher Claim He Was Armed
lion-3148346_1920.jpg

A pack of lions were being demonized on social media today for killing a man, until a new twist emerged which changed everything.

“He had a firearm.”

The lions, speaking through their attorney, announced they will assert self-defense if prosecuted, as they had a reasonable expectation that their lives were in danger.

“If we hadn’t acted decisively, we might not be here now.”

Their case is reportedly strengthened by corroborating evidence from a witness.

“We have an antelope who says she saw everything.”

More tricky for the lions’ defense team will be explaining why they ate the man afterwards.

“We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.”

I knew there was another side to this story... :D

Good one Pete!

If the man was indeed a poacher, I don't think many tears will be shed by the members of this forum. Sadly though, I guess that those lions will be killed since they are now maneaters.

Similar thing happened in the Kruger park a couple of years ago. Story told to me by our tour guide while visiting the area in 2013, so it probably happened in 2012.

IIRC, 3 poachers entered the park and ran into a pride of lions who got the better of them. One guy escaped and notified authorities after his friends had failed to return after a day or so.

Remains of their bodies were found near the area indicated by the survivor. As the lions were now deeded maneaters, park rangers had to shoot the whole pride.

/cmk

Just goes to show how nature can turn the tides on us in a sinch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!