SOUTH AFRICA: Zulu Natal Nyala Hunt Lake Safaris

pudwillcurt

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, BLACK HILLS SPORTSMAN CLUB, SOUTH DAKOTA ARCHERY ASSOC.
Hunted
Canada, South Africa, Namibia, Alaska
full

Just returned from a hunt with Trevor Lake, Lake Safaris, Zulu Natal, South Africa. When I set up this hunt with Trevor I told him I had two goals in mind. First and foremost I wanted my son who would accompany me for his first Africa hunt to have a good time and second that I wanted to put in the extra effort to look for a great nyala. He came through on both accounts beyond my expectations. We must have seen 50 nyala bulls before taking the animals of our choice. Never did Trevor make me feel like he was pushing me to take one I didn’t want. This was a true free range hunt that provided the experiences that are the makings of memories that we will cherish in the years to come. Trevor provides all you can ask of a PH in terms of providing a great place to hunt, putting you in front of quality animals, good accommodations, and great food. The existence of this special place is fragile due to the ever increasing pressures on wildlife areas in South Africa due to the Governments Land Reform ideas which no doubt are not helping the wildlife among other things. I recommend your making this trip now versus later as it one you don’t want to miss out on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to see pics!

Trevor has the rep for great nyala. No doubt.

Sounds great, but need pics!

Glad you had a good trip. Drag and drop those photos into your next post.

Haven't seen anything of James.Grage for a while. Anyone have contact with him?

On FB I have seen the occasional post. He was last around AH July 11.

Oh OK. I haven't seen anything since long before that even so missed his last post I guess. Just sort of dropped off. I thought with these recent threads about Lake, he might chime in.

Oh OK. I haven't seen anything since long before that even so missed his last post I guess. Just sort of dropped off. I thought with these recent threads about Lake, he might chime in.
Me too.

Congrats, look forward to pics

Congrats, we´ll wait for the pics :A Popcorn:

Just returned from a hunt with Trevor Lake, Lake Safaris, Zulu Natal, South Africa. When I set up this hunt with Trevor I told him I had two goals in mind. First and foremost I wanted my son who would accompany me for his first Africa hunt to have a good time and second that I wanted to put in the extra effort to look for a great nyala. He came through on both accounts beyond my expectations. We must have seen 50 nyala bulls before taking the animals of our choice. Never did Trevor make me feel like he was pushing me to take one I didn’t want. This was a true free range hunt that provided the experiences that are the makings of memories that we will cherish in the years to come. Trevor provides all you can ask of a PH in terms of providing a great place to hunt, putting you in front of quality animals, good accommodations, and great food. The existence of this special place is fragile due to the ever increasing pressures on wildlife areas in South Africa due to the Governments Land Reform ideas which no doubt are not helping the wildlife among other things. I recommend your making this trip now versus later as it one you don’t want to miss out on.
Sounds Great did you get any picture? Would love to see them.

I'm sure you had an excellent hunt! Trevor is really really good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois