SOUTH AFRICA: ZIMBABWE: Mark & Tim's Big Bull Safari With KMG Hunting Safaris

Thanks all for the kind words! Very happy with the animals we hunted on this trip, and the adventures we had! ;)

I’m an ideas man. I come up with an idea and Tim says yes:E Shrug::D

What can I say...they are always good ideas! Or maybe I just have rubber arms... :p

Last edited:
So as Tim said I continued to hunt with Steve arriving from Australia with his dad in tow. Here are what we took over the next 7 days while Tim and Nikki did the tourist thing in Cape Town.....

Me with Steve's hyena......
DQVN5472.JPG

Me again this time with Steve's enormous springbuck.....
IMG_7932.JPG

Beautiful wide Cape kudu......
NENP5669 (1).png

Steve's buff and his Chapuis 470NE and ph's M70 in 416RM......
IMG_7890.JPG

Me with Steve's buffalo taken @ 80m with 1 shot from his 470NE.....
JJMB6568.JPG

Steve took this sable bull @ 35m with his 470 after a great stalk in rocky terrain....
ISEB4292.png

His very first African trophy taken across a steep gully @ 280m. Not many people can say their first African animal was a barbary....
UEYJ2267.png

Me with my last trophy of the trip. A ripper old mountain reedbuck ram.......
IMG_4718.JPG

My barbary taken @ 64m in Mars like terrain......
IMG_4676.JPG

You had a heck of a next 7 days with the new friends!

Well done @Mark R
You guys did seriously well to pack a lot of hunting into that final week. To get a Barbary Sheep with essentially no knees is a pretty fair achievement! And very glad you were able to settle the score on Mountain Reedbuck ;)

Nikki and I had a much more laid-back week at Cape Town on the waterfront. To anyone who hasn't visited, I highly recommend you do, it's a stunning place ;)

20220826_100818.jpg

20220828_105521.jpg

20220828_122136.jpg

Seriously good animals and experiences right there, congratulations again to you both.
I really think I should email Marius...

Yes you should. I promise you won't regret it. If you can dream it, Marius can make it happen ;)

I'd like to close this out by adding a few more pictures of our Bull hunts, that weren't in the individual reports, but that I quite like.

Thanks to you all for following along and for your kind comments. Good hunting!

DSCN4659.JPG
DSCN4705.JPG
DSCN4540.JPG
DSCN4679.JPG
FB_IMG_1662356335061.jpg
FB_IMG_1661204311017.jpg

Those pics pretty much sum it up mate (y) (y) (y)

Great report guys. It was an epic hunt and there is nothing better than to be there to see your best mates take their trophies of a lifetme.

Awesome thanks for sharing.

Great report @Tim Blackwell and @Mark R ! It's me, Tum :LOL:. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and sharing in some of the hunts (and the drinks and stories after). I'll get my report up in the next little while.
Good to see you here mate

Great report @Tim Blackwell and @Mark R ! It's me, Tum :LOL:. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and sharing in some of the hunts (and the drinks and stories after). I'll get my report up in the next little while.
G'day TimNZ,

Can you tell us more about the drinks, No the stories they were telling?

Ive been lucky enough to meet both of them via this forum. Good blokes and accomplished hunters.

After you load your Africa report you might be able to do some NZ stories.

Well, exciting times this week as my trophy crate from this hunt finally arrived.
Capes are fully tanned for mounting, as per Australian import requirements. Skulls have been well cleaned without overboiling, and horns are not burnt and black. Very happy with the work by Universal Trophy Services.

@Mark R has his trophies home too, hopefully he will share some pics;)

Especially happy to have my Buffalo home. Fantastic memories!

20231218_185945.jpg
20231218_190405.jpg
20231218_191444.jpg
20231218_193954.jpg
20231218_194004.jpg
20231218_201322.jpg

Nice Tim

as Tom Petty opined .... the waiting is the hardest part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross